May 5, 2007
mox69 said:
I don't think that part actually exists...not on a dirt bike anyway.

You can avoid reality and start a frantic hunt for your bikes hydraulic seizer or you can start engine dissassembly and post pictures of your piston, rings, cylinder etc. for us to look at and help you with.
Ha ha thats pretty funny i wasnt referring to a part.I was reffering to a possible problem.smart elick.Next time you think your funny...think again.

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
derek the 2 stroke said:
Ha ha thats pretty funny i wasnt referring to a part.I was reffering to a possible problem.smart elick.Next time you think your funny...think again.

Sorry, I thought it was funny, too! :rotfl:

Rotor

ndiego124

Dec 12, 2007
okay its got compression as far as i know and it has spark. I dont know how much compression it has though. all i know is that the piston is moving and it seems to be spittin stuff up fuel mix? i dunno. something that does seem odd is that it doesnt sound like its firing or catching spark the plug is brand new its not wet and there is nothing wrong with that. BUT i just realized this today it seems very easy to "kick it" like i could literally press down on the kick start wtih one finger and it easily gives.... what could that be? clean fuel, clean filter, new plug, and good spark...... any help?

ndiego124

Dec 12, 2007
also if i try to kick it over in gear the bike pushes forward like i dont have the clutch in that might be very helpful to know also.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
ndiego124 said:
also if i try to kick it over in gear the bike pushes forward like i dont have the clutch in that might be very helpful to know also.

My bike will not kick start in gear for nothing...

rpm12505

~SPONSOR~
Sep 25, 2005
Take the pipe off and look in the port, it takes 2 min. if you have one hand in a cast. Move kick starter to see piston or cylinder wall. My guess is its pretty ugly.

ndiego124

Dec 12, 2007
rpm12505 said:
Take the pipe off and look in the port, it takes 2 min. if you have one hand in a cast. Move kick starter to see piston or cylinder wall. My guess is its pretty ugly.

alright what EXACTLY am i looking for i know obviously for scratches on the cylinder and the cylinder wall and metal anywhere........ is there anyway i can tell the "total" damnage liek if the bottom end needs to be replaced too.....

and if the top end is the case anyone know of any honning shops in arizona? or like general pricing for it?

Rice#67

Dec 17, 2007
First thing you should do... is check the spark plug. What color is it? White, tan or black? I don't think you should tear the engine apart at all yet... Was the spark plug replaced when it was jetted by the shop? I would assume so... Since you pinned it 5th gear wide open, it might be adequate for a spark plug test. If the spark plug is white or any whiter than tan, I would take it back to the shop and tell them what happened. Since they jetted the bike, it is their responsibility to make sure it is jetted right. I was a service writer and had to deal with this stuff all the time. I have seen many bikes get pinned WOT cold and they don't seize that easily. If 2-strokes have the right amount of oil, they can take a lot of abuse. That doesn't mean it couldn't happen but hey... just a thought.

Oh, and you didn't answer the question... Was your petcock/fuelvalve turned on when you went on that ride?

ndiego124

Dec 12, 2007
Rice#67 said:
First thing you should do... is check the spark plug. What color is it? White, tan or black? I don't think you should tear the engine apart at all yet... Was the spark plug replaced when it was jetted by the shop? I would assume so... Since you pinned it 5th gear wide open, it might be adequate for a spark plug test. If the spark plug is white or any whiter than tan, I would take it back to the shop and tell them what happened. Since they jetted the bike, it is their responsibility to make sure it is jetted right. I was a service writer and had to deal with this stuff all the time. I have seen many bikes get pinned WOT cold and they don't seize that easily. If 2-strokes have the right amount of oil, they can take a lot of abuse. That doesn't mean it couldn't happen but hey... just a thought.

Oh, and you didn't answer the question... Was your petcock/fuelvalve turned on when you went on that ride?

the plug is like a little darker than tan i put a new plug in it when it died thinking it was that so its a fresh plug. and yes i had the fuel on. the plug wasnt replaced by them only because i just put a new one in right before i took it to the shop so it was a fairly new plug with about 2 1/2-3 hrs on it.

Rice#67

Dec 17, 2007
I'm not trying to jump to any conclusions at all, but in order to jet the bike right they need to have a brand new plug in it. Even with a plug with 2-3 hours on it they wouldn't be able to. Did they give you the jets that were in it before they jetted it? Or if you look at the reciept/work order they gave you they might say whether they richened it up or leaned it out and it should have the jet sizes in the parts list... Or you could call and ask how much they leaned it out.

ndiego124

Dec 12, 2007
took it apart and broke it down. the piston is definently out the ring on the opposite side of the clip is pretty much fused to the piston the cylinder wall isnt too bad there is one chip in it but doesnt seem to be too bad not alot of scratches on the cylinder wall but the piston is beat up. buying a new top end kit soon and going to put it back on. but in the mean time i need to find a place that will hone out my cylinder??

any suggestions?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Send it to Eric Gorr..

Just send the whole thing to him, get the piston, ring and everything from him.. Hell hook you up.

While you are at it, tell him to give you the "Mo' better" porting.

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
ndiego124 said:
took it apart and broke it down. the piston is definently out the ring on the opposite side of the clip is pretty much fused to the piston the cylinder wall isnt too bad there is one chip in it but doesnt seem to be too bad not alot of scratches on the cylinder wall but the piston is beat up. buying a new top end kit soon and going to put it back on. but in the mean time i need to find a place that will hone out my cylinder??

any suggestions?

I thought you said it had good compression? With all that damage it couldn't have compression. So you lied about that. :whoa:

Now you want someone to tell what to fix? If you go back and read the thread, you will see you have been told what's wrong, and what needs to be replaced, and repaired. :bang:

I think maybe you should try something a little less technical for a hobby.

Rotor

Rice#67

Dec 17, 2007
Well, your piston obviously siezed... so since I'm sure that you want the engine put together right, without blowing up again... I would take it to a shop and have them rebuild it for you. They will measure the cylinder to make sure it is still useable. And you said there was a chip in it so I assume it's probably not. Just take it to a shop, that's the best thing you could do. And on top of that, you need to tell them everything what happened before the siezure. That way they can fix the problem before it seizes again.

ndiego124

Dec 12, 2007
Rotorranch said:
I thought you said it had good compression? With all that damage it couldn't have compression. So you lied about that. :whoa:

Now you want someone to tell what to fix? If you go back and read the thread, you will see you have been told what's wrong, and what needs to be replaced, and repaired. :bang:

I think maybe you should try something a little less technical for a hobby.

Rotor

there was compression the piston was still moving and making some compression but not enough and there was still air getting by HENCE having very LITTLE compression.

and i know what to fix i wass asking if anyone knew where i could take it so they can hone it out. chill its not your bike thats getting blown up :)

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
ndiego124 said:
okay its got compression

ndiego124 said:
there was compression the piston was still moving and making some compression but not enough and there was still air getting by HENCE having very LITTLE compression.

and i know what to fix i wass asking if anyone knew where i could take it so they can hone it out. chill its not your bike thats getting blown up :)

We tried to help. You weren't straight with the info you gave. :think:

Maybe you should go back to BMX. :fft:

Rotor

todd36

Sep 3, 2007
todd36 said:
It sounds like you have seized the piston and now the rings are stuck because the piston has "smeared" aluminum over the grooves. Can you give it a compression check and post that number. Did you jet it richer or leaner for the pipe?

Jun 22, 2007
well when my top end siezed, i was in 4th gear, it locked up like it did to you, and i found out, not only did i need to replace my top end but also my whole bottom end, cylinder, and cylinder head because when the piston siezed at a high rev everything jammed up and smashed apart inside. hope your lucky and dont have the same symptoms i had to go through

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom