jimyz

Nov 9, 2000
I am getting ready to shipp my forks and shock out for a revalve. I have been talking w/ Gonzo and he tells me it is very worthwhile. Any feedback from out there from those that have done so as well?

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
I just got my suspension back from Mx-Tech on thursday and went riding on saturday and sunday and I am VERY impressed. I'm 6'0, 220 and a Novice Mx racer. This weekend I was play riding and checking out the revavle.

What I didn't like about the bike with the stock suspension was that the forks felt WAY to stiff and the bike just felt squirlly going through the whoops. I felt like I had a death grip on the bars to keep the bike straight. I also felt the the rear was a little soft but overall the shock wasn't bad. The bike handled fine but there was still a little pushing in the corners.

OK, so what Mx-Tech did was a full revalve front and rear and a stiffer spring in the shock and left the stock springs in the forks. The forks are so much smoother on the small stuff. That was the first thing I noticed. I have a long stretch that is after a sweeping turn that I can get up to 4th in and at the end it has some bumps. Before the revalve I would get some head shake, now it's all but gone. The best part about the revalve is that I feel i can lay this bike over and really cut some sharp turns. This is what I was really looking forward to. I wanted that 2 stroke cornering and after the revalve it really shines in this area. The shock is great too, no more swapping in the whoops and i have yet to bottom it. At first it felt like the shock was to soft but i was wrong. It soaks up the small stuff real well, which gives the impression that it was to soft, but I was never able to bottom it out, even on some hard G-outs.

I would definitely get a revalve. It's always the first mod I do on my bike. I don't even bother reading the reviews about how the stock suspension is in bike tests because I know i'm sending mine out. Revalves are expensive and it might be hard to justify something that you can't see or hear on your bike but it's definitely worth it.

Satch0922

Aug 30, 2003
I just changed the springs front and rear and changed the fork oil. After getting the bike broken in I started tweaking the clickers......I am happy with just like it is.

Top Bottom