Aug 11, 2010
I have a 2007 CRF 230F. Recently it has started putting out a light blue smoke that stinks and it has lost a ton of power. I got stuck the other day and i belive that my K&N air filter pulled in some water. What do I do?.

skos

Jan 24, 2009
Trickedout230F said:
I have a 2007 CRF 230F. Recently it has started putting out a light blue smoke that stinks and it has lost a ton of power. I got stuck the other day and i belive that my K&N air filter pulled in some water. What do I do?.

Most likely means oil being burnt. Oil is leaking from the cylinder into the exhaust pipe or getting past a gasket to the combustion chamber and burning.

does it smoke all the time? only at start up? The lack power concerns me. Sounds to me like valves

jsantapau

Nov 10, 2008
clean the air filter. going on an extreme limb but if the air filter is clogged ... loss of power and a possibility the extreme vacuum sucking oil up past the rings. itsa long shot but obviously the cheapest/easiest thing to do at this point. If that doesn't help the next best thing would be to do a leak down test.

Aug 11, 2010
yea i have a brand new K&N and i keep it extremly clean. I use there cleaning and oiling supplies.
Im going to have my rings replaced and see if that does it...

Last edited:

Top Bottom