Combat767

It's all about the dirt..
Nov 20, 2001
I saw this interview on the MXA site. It sounds like the 150 bikes are really taking off. A series of races based on say... 50's and 150's... instead of 125's and 250's. Hmmm... sounds pretty cool to me. You could probably put an SX track in just about any small arena/machine shed!! :aj:

Below is a clip from an MXA article. The link below will take you to the entire article.

Do you think there will be an organized series in mini racing in the future?
I see it coming, yes. When I was in Las Vegas just a few days ago, talk had come up about a series of indoor arena events just like the supercross series spreading across the U.S. I talked to a few people who were trying to organize those events, and if it happens I’ll be involved in it.

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/detail.asp?id=1370

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
MXA :rotfl:

Combat767

It's all about the dirt..
Nov 20, 2001
Yeah.. Yeah.. Yeah... I know the whole MXA thing, but the idea is pretty cool. I'm really curious to see if the idea can grow and prosper.? I'm not sure if riding smaller bikes can be made cheaper in time, but if the manufacturers can pull it off, think of the unlimited potential of races being held year round in markets besides large domed stadiums. Also think of more people getting involved if the affordability is there. There is nothing like creating more enjoyment from riding dirt bikes, and expanding such new, creative ideas. We'll all benefit. :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

What does everyone think?

MXN4FUN

Jul 7, 2000
The idea of mini races has been around for decades. I remember battling on XR 75's back in the Mid seventies. Only difference was backyard engineering made bikes better and faster for pennies. The Pro's used to have races on these back in the day too. Bevo Forte wedged some unbelievable motor in a XR frame for bragging rights. Like I've always said, most of the tricks and mischief being portrayed in the videos is nothing new , we just didn't record it years ago. No evidence no crime sort of thing. Maybe now because mom and dad are footing the bill for all these kids, mini's have become a high dollar market. Where as years ago we bought frivilous things with extra cash, like tires, top ends and gas for getting to the races. Yes mini racing is cool always has been. Now it's just getting some press.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Like I said before MXA :rotfl:

What happened on an XR75 20 years ago is new today?

:rotfl:

Those guys are bleeding edge I tell ya' :nener:

Top Bottom