!!!! 1st place in C-250 at the Curly Fern Enduro !!!

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
   WOW!  I'm still stunned!  I finished this years version of the 'Muddy' Fern (opps, Curly Fern) Enduro 1st place in C-250 (w/ the dudes!)!!!  I had a 19 point lead on second place!  It was a 80 mile long enduro.  The first half was mostly submerged.  There was some awesome trails between the mud holes!  This one section was a burnt down forest that was under water!  It was cool!  The morning was a 40 mile points taker and the 40 miles in the afternoon was all time keeping.  Great enduro, lots of fast trails between the mud!  I had to tell someone, I was so excited!  Even the trophy presenters at the awards were shocked! 

My KX is a little submarine I found out yesterday.  Has a little 'Jet-Ski in its blood.  I had the exhaust pipe and front fender under water in one mud hole and made it out without taking water on! :yeehaw:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Damn, I SUCK!  :confused:

Way to go, Lissa!  Didja get Hi-point C, too?  (How close?!)

WR250Z

Sep 21, 1999
This was a well deserved 1st for Lissa! I think she was 3rd overall in the top ten of the C class and was riding smooth and fast in the sections. Congratulations Lissa and I hope at least one picture came out!

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
No Hi Point C, but I was the third fastest C rider there! Hi point C didn't belong in C, (Cherry pick'in!). He dropped a better score then a whole lot of B riders!!! I would have made 8 or 9th B-250 I was told.

Are you getting your bike ready yet Lori for the up coming enduros? I'm looking forward to hanging out with you again!

Thanks Mini-Thump! (Silly boys, motorcycles are fer' girls!:) ) Hey Bbom! Thanks! Ever since I drowned out my KX on its first ever ride, it has been a subermarine!

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Thanks WR250Z!!! Did you ride Curly Fern, too? It was alot of fun, more fun then Greenbrier (tiring and never-ending!). Still both great runs.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Hey Lissa, I sent you a PM mentioning the enduros we'd probably be at.  Broad Mountain is the first on our schedule :eek: , although I wanted to give Pine Hill a shot.  Dave opted for the ride at Paragon rather than the Pine Hill.  Says he wants to get some RIDING in before an enduro. Sheesh. :confused:

Now that the snow has melted (fingers crossed!)  the bikes will be out shortly!

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
Nice going Lissa. :yeehaw:

Once I can beat my 7 year old around the back garden I'm coming for you, then maybe I'll enter the Dakar Rally - LOL

4EverOrange

~SPONSOR~
Mar 9, 2003
Woohoo!!!! Good for you, out there spanking the boys! Next time I hear a smart ass comment about girls riding, I will tell them about the chic I know online. :)

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Hey Lori, Pine Hill would have been a great first enduro of the season to ride. It is by far the easiest one I've ever raced and is a real time keepin' event. A lot of fun to ride as long as your timekeeping equipment is working! Paragon ain't bad either. Getting some rock practice in before a 'rock run is always a good idea too.

Hey Timr! Actually, in the East Coast Enduro Association the C class is doesn't get year end points, just advancement points. So far I'm 3 points from my B card now. (3 races so far; 1st-20pts., 2nd-16pts., and a 3rd-11pts.= total of 47!) I need a total of 50 to move up. I can't wait! Even if I don't see a trophy or a award for a long while!

The last woman in our Association to have a B or A rider card was the great Kathy Cambell ('Steel Butt'). Kathy started raceing in the days of the 'Powder Puff' class (early '70s). She was a awesome rider and was a much respected competitor. She retired from racing (and was still competitive in A Super Senior) little over a year ago. She has always been my biggest hero (amongest many other ladies) and I always wanted to do what she did.

I think its awesome that all of you are so supportive. I was always shy about posting ride reports up till a little while ago. Sometimes it's not easy chasing your dreams and you'll meet a lot of great people and some real jerks along the way. Thank goodness its been alot more great people! :)

Top Bottom