Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
:yeehaw:   This past Sunday was the first ECEA (East Coast Enduro Association) Enduro of the season.  The Sandy Lane Enduro, our first race this year, is one of the oldest in the nation dating back to 1930.  I've always raced the Womens class in Enduro's before this past Sunday.  There isn't any difference between the Womens class and the Mens classes; we all have to complete the same course with no cut-offs.  I told myself at the beginning of last season that once I overall the Womens class I will compete to aquire my B card.  I never expected to overall the Womens class in my first full season of competing!  This season I will be competing in C-250 till I get bumped up to the B class.  The only problem with racing the C class is the crappy C numbers.  They start about 43 rows back or behind the first 250 riders!  At least in the Womens class I could pick where I generally wanted to be placed.  The course was 40 miles of really tight stuff (I like!), 30 miles of fast 'waltzing' trail, and 10 miles of muddy stuff.  I love the tight stuff and make most of my time in it.  I managed to place 2nd in C-250!  My new KX250 was dynamite and is a awesome trail companion!  I love that bike!  Great first race of the season, I feel hopeful for the rest of season now! :)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
That is so FREAKING AWESOME!!!! Wow, I am totally impressed. Great job!

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Way to go, Lissa!  We got 5" of snow up here, so I was wondering how Sandy Lane was going to fare-- figured it would be cold and wet, at least.

2nd place C250! Congrats! (Sandbagger!) ;)

I think you'll be getting that 'B' card sooner than you think!  Then you can start working towards the ISDE. :aj:

You've been lucky to get good numbers in the women's class-- most of the events I've been to, they put the women's numbers with the C-riders.

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
I try to pre-enter early so I can get at least a decent number. At one of the sand runs last year I was on number 18! The trail was good on that number, but getting freight trained by AA riders stinks sometimes! Besides, at the rock runs I like the late numbers better. The trail is easier to follow. Lori, will you be racing this year? What races?

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
This past Sunday was our second enduro of the season (in a series of 18 races). The Greenbrier Enduro is occasionally on the FMF National Enduro schedule and is well known for its national caliber monkey butt. Tri-County Sportsmen M.C., the hosting club, is home of the Lafferty's (National Enduro Champ Mike, Jack, Jack Jr, and Rich). The event wasn't as long as previous years but was still very difficult. There are no road sections, very few resets and very little two-track trail. All tight, all technical, all long sections. One section was twenty miles long with no reset before or after (unless your AA fast). Total trail mileage was around 70 miles. Great race, fun trail. I managed to finish 3rd C-250. This week-end is another enduro, the Curly Fern. This event is promising to be extremly sloppy! I'll see how it goes. So far my little Kawie 250 is a great. I love being able to put a lot of faith and trust in my bikes, this Kawie has earned it. It's been a well mattered trail companion and will scale any hill or roost any mud hole as long as the pilot manages to hang on.

Top Bottom