dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
Hi

I would relly appreciate any info on this bike. I just got it...

First off, I have been searching around and have found numerous threads that have answered questions and raised others. The bike is stock motorwise except for an sst (but stock silencer). I think I heard that the real gains are in the silencer, and that the sst <A href="http://www.dirtrider.net/cgi-bin/clickpro/click.cgi?id=21" target="_blank"><b><u>pipe</u></b></a> dosent really do much except make the bike detonate. From seat of the pants testing the bike runs well, and dosent spooge. I have a total of about 10 minutes on it so far, but I will be riding it a few hours at a track tomorrow.

I'm not really looking into many engine mods right now, except for jetting specs and any other problem spots.

Last edited by a moderator:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i expect the best advice you will get from marcus is to sell it and buy a yamaha!:) :)

congrats on the new bike, i am glad you were patient and waited for a a good deal by the sounds of it!

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
The SST does make a small difference on the 01Cr125 and its more than all the other pipes make.However be sure to check for detonation or get the head modified as std it will detonate on pump fuel.
I never really got the 01 to run as clean as i would like with the std jetting.I ended up modifying the slide to get it crisp.Another altenative is to try a 2071 needle in the middle with std main and a 40 pilot.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
thanks marcus. i dont hear any funny sounds coming from it, I dont think its detonating. It runs pretty good on premium pump gas.

CR-For-Ever

Feb 25, 2002
*hits head* You have a 2000 right marcus? I shoulda been asking you jetting recomondations I am still having trouble with fouling plugs with my bike.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
cr for ever i have a 02-try the same jetting as on the 01 i gave previous-remember all jetting specs are just a guide-elevation, oil ratio and type, riding loads all need to be accounted for.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I had the best results with running the jetting marcus suggested #40 pilot and 2071 needle. Rumor has it that the 2171 needle is alittle bit better but you will need to most likely have to go to like a # 50 pilot and a #400 main since that needle is much leaner. I never had any problems with running pump gas but I always ran fresh gas it was never more than a week old. I felt the stock gearing was fine but alot of peeps end up running 13/53 that would help it hook up earlier. I never got a chance to try it but a vforce reed block for a 2000 model works great. I tried the SST pipe & long silencer it didn't help bottom much just gave it more mid with alittle more on top which felt like more over rev I was extremely hard press to tell if thier was much of a difference. I even tried one of those mossbarger 10mm reedblock spacers I think it just gave it a tiny bit of overrev was just a waste of cash. I think if you ever do decide to modify it, have gorr make it a big bore like a 133 with mo better porting and run a vforce reed block with the jetting specs above and I bet the bike will really haul after that.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Thanks Joe-i tried the 2171 needle and it ran really clean but it had no torque, it felt like a 80 to ride.I believe it was too lean a needle.The later Crs seem to have beeter jetting but steve125 has used the 00 YZ125 needle and likes it-im going to try one next.

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Dell, I don't have any real tips for the 01 as i didn't own one. I have a good jetting spec for the 00 but in 01 i believe honda changed the carb slide so it won't work. Im sure a Delta valve would be a good idea and work with your jetting as best as possible. Make sure your running a good piston and a 51-52tooth rear sprocket should be fine for your light weight. I see your looking into fork and shock springs thats a good move. For me the stock shock valving works well but the forks are super harsh. Get your forks valved as soon as you can, then you can really enjoy the great handling of that bike. :cool:

Last edited:

evworld

Jun 22, 2002
Fellas, I have a 01 cr125 and the jetting is close but not right yet. I am new at this stuff and waiting for my service manual to help me out. I just change the main to 380 there was a 390 in it and it helped a little ( I bought the bike used). What my question is, what are the stock Pilot and Needle. I didn't get into adjusting them yet. Really not sure how thats why I am waiting for my manual. Can anyone give me a quick tip on what to try.

Top Bottom