8-ball

Apr 5, 2002
hi everyone. does anyone know why my 220 would still blow smoke when my plug is tan ??? when i got the bike 6 mo. ago it was smoking with "spooge" dripping everywhere and a black dripping plug. since then i have changed to a 142 main jet with the clip in the top position which resulted in a nice dry tan plug but it still smokes (exhaust). i am running a 32:1 mixture with honda hp2 full synthetic oil (blushing) and cannot figure out why the smoke !! my 38 yr old son follows me and is accusing me of trying to kill him with smoke fumes but thats not true as i still need him to pick up my old sore butt when i fall. help please ????? thank you !!! P.S. ----seems to smoke from idle all the way up, but, runs crisp with no hesitation anywhere. !!????

StrokesX2

Mar 2, 2005
It's supposed to smoke, it's burning oil with the gas. The question is, how much smoke. At a 31:1 mixture, you will most likely get quite a lot. I run 40:1 and mine smokes like crazy until it warms up. After it's warm, the smokes is less noticebly, but it still smokes. You can smell it more than anything.

razrbakcrzy

Aug 12, 2004
With a fully syn oil shouldn't you be running between 50:1 and 100:1? Do not take my word for it but, I think most of the literature I have read on syn oils have these type of ratios. Look at an amsoil website and check out the racing oils. I think it's called dominator they suggest a 100:1 ratio. I think?

You could also be sucking a little crankcase oil from the crank seals into the combustion chamber.

Jim

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Is your pilot jet rich? Main jet is probably about right and results in the tan plug, but everytime it goes back to just pilot, it gets more fuel (with Oil) than it can digest. Most run 40 to 50 to one with all synthetic oils. Cheers John

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Well you jetted the bike. Have you taken apart the top end and cleaned out the power valves? Most likely you have a ton of spooge in the power valve ports and passages that needs to be cleaned out. That is where you are still getting your smoke from

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom