5th Annual Damn Yankee Dirt Rider’s Spring ride

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Well PK if you answered your phone you'd know exactly where we are! We're loading the last of our stuff now...be on the way soon!

:aj:

Sumladar

Jun 10, 2005
Hiyas

Last minute post from a new board member. Thanks Scooter for mentioning the gathering of DRN folks for this weekend while at Paragon this past Sunday.

I'm a new rider but after reading through this thread it looks like there are a few I might be able to ride with. I'll look for you guys tomorrow morning.

Adam

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Glad to see you found the thread Adam, hope to see you in the morning.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
Had an awesome time today with all the DRN poeple at paragon. I cut out early instead of riding tomorrow but I need my bed. Hope we can do it again soon, but for now i am going to relax, my butt is killing me from my nice new seat foam which it rock hard and I seem to have a ton of bruises on me. Later

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Had fun riding with everyone. Need to finish unloading and relax some. I bailed out on the sunday ride otherwise i wouldnt have time to get things cleaned up before monday.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Made it home.
We missed you Chuck-- didn't know you were going to bail on us!

More later...

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
The Rhode Island contingent made it home in one piece.

Great riding this weekend... very hot and humid.

Is it August Yet?

brpray

Dec 5, 2004
Hi Guys,

It was great to meet all of you, now i can put a face to the screen names. The pig let me down, looks like i have a bad radiator cap not holding the pressure, kawasaki has a good replacement 1.8 bar. I went home with a tear in my eye to get the sympathy from my wife, today I was looking at a 450X, or should it be the KTM, maybe I will have a new ride the next time we meet.
Hope all got home safe, from the ride and the drive.

Take care,

brpray

MAICOFRED

Dec 1, 2000
Hello! How is everyone? I had a great time Sat. We went out with RM GUY. He knew the trails. Hope to see you all soon. Give me all call if any want to go to Tower City. Iam a member. Cya soon. FRED

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Welp...aside from inserting my handlebar into poor Nate's buttox I managed to spend at least 6 or so glorious hours riding the paragon rocks and dust laiden trails without so much as a bruise! This could be a first! Of course, Scooter Dan caught my ONLY real crash on film.. This I'd like to see!(hint hint)

Damn hot, but damn good rides! Nice to meet those of you who I had not met, and as always, great to ride with those of you who I have had the pleasure of riding with before!

Mike ended up with a broken rib and complained the entire weekend (I couldn't even convince him to muster up the energy to come down and do the campsite thing last night) but in August, count me in!

Thanks again to everyone! i had a blast!

Dave

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
DaveRS575 said:
Welp...aside from inserting my handlebar into poor Nate's buttox I managed to spend at least 6 or so glorious hours riding the paragon rocks and dust laiden trails without so much as a bruise! Dave

That was some funny stuff, that little hill messed up a lot of people :laugh:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm glad everyone made it home OK. I drove through some huge downpours on the way home but it was dry enough when I got home to dry out the tent and gear. Perfect timing.

It sure was hot but you didn't notice it until you stopped. OffRoadWarrior and I kept each other cool during our roost contest on Sunday. He came out of it much wetter than I did :laugh:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
seems to me that you were on the losing end of one of those puddle roost adventures on Saturday :p :laugh:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Papakeith said:
seems to me that you were on the losing end of one of those puddle roost adventures on Saturday :p :laugh:
Yeah, yeah, yeah but if you recall, you got a bit damp soon afterwards :nener:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Another great Damn Yankee ride! My stay with the DTDR’s was a short one. I camped Friday night and rode all day Saturday. As the group made a left onto 924 to the camp ground it took all of my will power to make a right.

Nothing too different to report on the ride. But I will make the following observations:

Dave (RM_Guy) is a great guide. A word of warning to the uninformed, when he says “we’ll go out for an easy loop” he means easy for him. As we were grouping for the final ride of the day (Saturday) our newest member, Matt, asks me “where are you guys going?” I repeat Dave’s mantra “were just gonna go out for an easy loop”. It wasn’t. In fact, part of the ride contained the nastiest riding we’d see all day. Sorry Matt. Live and learn.

I fell once, about 15 before we were done riding. I was tired and forgot to loft my front wheel over some mud and my front end washed-out on me. No big deal as I got up with the engine still running. But it was my wife’s fault. You see, the day before she said to me as I was walking out the door “why are you wearing your good watch?” “Because I can’t find my “bike watch” and I need a watch for trail riding” I tell her. She suggests “well wear one of my junk ones or one of the kids.” I can’t wear one of those…”No thanks…I’ll be fine”. So when I fell I must have busted the pin on my watch band and the watch was lost without me realizing it. Yep…it’s all her fault.

This was a good ride to welcome (and make welcome) Rooster to the DYDR’s. He seemed to enjoy the rocks and the challenges of Paragon. We’re all looking forward to doing a lot more riding with you and the RI clan.

DRN’ers are a great group to ride and camp with. You are always guaranteed a great ride and good people to hang with. I don’t know what I enjoy most, the camping or the riding. Good thing we did both.

Final note. Trigger promised to splash me, I just didn’t expect it within the first 10 minutes of the ride! But the big splash of the day goes to PK in the last 10 minutes of the ride. RM_Guy decides to take a go-around to avoid a rather large swamp (a smart move) and PK decides to go through it – as fast as he can. The ensuing roost measures a good 12 feet high. As RM_Guy is rejoining the trail, PK is passing RM_guy…bringing a wave of swamp-roost with him. I laughed to myself and said the only word that came to mind…”Gross”.

Can’t wait for the next ride. I plan on having bark busters for sure!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I really did plan on an easy loop on the last ride. Scooter set me up when he suggested I take a new quad trail. OK, I'll bite. The whole way through I kept thinking about everyone that was expecting an easy ride...sorry guys.

Gary, You missed OffRoadWarrior and I on Sunday roosting though just about every water hole. That little splash that PK did was nothing.

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
RM_guy said:
I really did plan on an easy loop on the last ride. Scooter set me up when he suggested I take a new quad trail. OK, I'll bite. The whole way through I kept thinking about everyone that was expecting an easy ride...sorry guys.

Gary, You missed OffRoadWarrior and I on Sunday roosting though just about every water hole. That little splash that PK did was nothing.

I actually liked that trail, if not for those nasty little roots at the top of that hill! :ohmy:

And I didn't even get roosted! :nener:

(One of the many benefits of riding anchor with Nate!)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
What a great time this weekend!

I really thought I was off to a bad start when I took that spill in the parking lot (pics of my scrapes and bruises to follow). But, it was pretty much all better from there. Minor mechanical difficulties on the new bike, and that's all straightened out now!

More later when I'm not supposed to be working!

ogri

Jun 6, 2005
Paragon DRN ride

Great day with the DRN guys and gals - thanks for your hospitality.

I only fell off a few times (on the same slope - on the final 'easy' ride!!) and managed to leave with a huge grin, lots of aches, and a (mostly) undamaged ego and bike.

Hopefully I'll hook up with you all again in late July.

Cheers, Matthew (KTM 520)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm looking forward to Scooter's footage of the ride. He told me he got a good shot of Dave and I hitting a big water hole at nearly the same time. I want to see how bad I soaked him ;)

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
RM_guy said:
I'm looking forward to Scooter's footage of the ride. He told me he got a good shot of Dave and I hitting a big water hole at nearly the same time. I want to see how bad I soaked him ;)

Who said you were gonna get a copy :nener: Haven't gotten that far on the video yet, so not sure how it came out, but the DVD of day one is almost complete. It turned out to be too much for 1 DVD, so I will make one for each day.

Once I have them both done, I'll get mailing info from those who are interested in a copy. Hopefully I'll have a few video clips online this evening

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
How much video did you end up getting anyway?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Started with about 3 1/2 hours of tape...After I editied the video, it left me with about 35 minutes from the first day, and about an hour from the second day. I know I could put it all on one DVD, but I like to keep the video quality higher which means i can only get 60 minutes on a disc. I still may lower the video a little to get it all on 1 though.

It was my first try at the helmet cam so I'm learning as I go with making the videos

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom