Seandb

Aug 11, 2008
What is the correct jetting for this bike at sea level, temps between 20-35 degrees celcius. Anyone who has actually got it right?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I can give you the baseline for a 2000, but it does not have the power jet. I ran out and bought a really nice oem shop book, for my 97, and completely forgot about the carb. I am a couple weeks from jetting that bike though. You at at sea level, not an issue, but the Celsius? Canada or Mexico? 0c is about 32f, so 35c is? 95 f, I am jealous! You will likely need a leaner main and pilot for sure, from stock. You can go to any online parts microfiche, the first part shown is usually the stock, or it is noted. The power jet, most guy talk states to unplug it and jet accordingly. I did pay extra to get this set up. I will see. Got an extra radiator$$$? Vintage Bob

plynn41

Jun 8, 2009
Hey Bob,
Can you give some more information on unplugging the power jet and rejetting on the '97-98? Does the power jet lean the mid or upper range out?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
plynn41 said:
Hey Bob,
Can you give some more information on unplugging the power jet and rejetting on the '97-98? Does the power jet lean the mid or upper range out?
I have not reached the jetting yet. You should be able to richen or lean it, if the electrics are working properly. how it would run with it unplugged? I would get a carb without the power jet. Standard power jet is a 42, and unlike the leak jet, that it is made like, leaner is leaner. That power jet effects the widest range on the throttle, 1/4 to wfo. I do want to keep it and jet it. Vintage Bob

Top Bottom