drugfree906

Oct 5, 2008
Hey everyone.

I've ridden 2 strokes for a while now. Next spring I'm looking to get into a 4 stroke 250. Seems like the low end power combined with a more reliable powerplant would make for a fun bike. I ride a lot of trails up here in the UP, but I'm thinking about starting to go to the local track once in a while. Never really learned how to jump, so I might have to start checking that scene out.

I'd like your comments. First off, would you say I'm on with the "pros" I see in a 4 stroke vs. 2 stroke? Are there any "cons" that I don't know about? Also, what are your thoughts about brands? I ride a Kawasaki right now, but am in no way brand loyal.

Thanks for your responses. Later.

x

Mar 18, 2006
used 250f's are a scary thing. I know of several guys in trouble on their's bought used. $$ and then more $$$. In the world of 250f's, it is better to buy new and then really take care of that engine. A clean used 2 stroke is a good thing tho....

wildmud

Oct 13, 2008
I am a new dirt biker. Just bought a 200cc 4-stroke chinese made dirt bike from t-motorsports like half a year ago. Pretty good ride, but I am looking for some upgrades now, any suggestions?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
wildmud said:
I am a new dirt biker. Just bought a 200cc 4-stroke chinese made dirt bike from t-motorsports like half a year ago. Pretty good ride, but I am looking for some upgrades now, any suggestions?

Yeah, start your own thread for one...

Dec 8, 2007
The 4stroke's not more reliable, I think it's about the same. A 250f weighs about 20lbs more than a 125. I've got a 450 and a 125. The 450 is way better on the track and the 125 is way better in the trails. That's my experience anyway. hope it helps.

Top Bottom