MXTex

~SPONSOR~
Feb 29, 2000
I'm looking for aftermarket grips for a stock XR50. I think OURY makes them but can't verify for sure. Anybody know anything on this? I'd appreciate anything you can share.

rmracer

Oct 27, 2004
I believe that any brand that makes a twist throttle grip will fit on your bike. Some companies that come to mind are Oury,Scott,Renthal,Fmf and Pro Grip. I have always got the scott hurricane's for the cheaper price

psycho

King Rot-Gut
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2000
Nope. The 50 and 70 need to have shorter grips or else they hang off the end. That's the way my kiddos are now because I am having the same problems finding grips. This is for a stock setup in my situation. If anyone out there has anything, please help us out here..

MXTex

~SPONSOR~
Feb 29, 2000
You're right psycho. I bought a couple pair of Oury grips from Fast 50's that were marketed as XR50 grips; but they're too long. I guess the left grip would work but the throttle side would be squirly at best.

psycho

King Rot-Gut
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2000
Yep, that's pretty much what I have found out. Went to the Honda stealership and got the SDG grips because the parts "guru" said they were "same as stock". Didn't look it, but took his word on it. Well.... he was wrong... throttle side, too long. So my quest continues....

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I have an extra pair of stockers, but I'll have to dig them up.

Morfious412

Jun 9, 2005
XR50 Grips

A company called Four Twelve Racing just came out with OEM replacement grips for honda XR, CRF50's and Yamaha PW50. They fit the small diameter stock handlebars and Throttle. No one else makes true OEM replacement grips for these bikes. I have seen a few sites that say they have Oury and TAG grips for 50's but they are just there regular grips and they only fit aftermaket bar kits. Four Twelve Minigrips can be seen and purchased on Motohelp.com or on **** and they are in most shops in southern california as of June 5th 2005.

Top Bottom