BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
New location folks - Lake Mackenzie

Amarillo is 5 hours from OK city, Albuqueque, Dallas, and not too far from colorado.

All are welcome. RV hookups and ablutions, great riding.

This will be a fun weekend. :) :cool:

Last edited:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
OK, we have a date set then, March 9-10 it is, works out great for me, the kids spring break is the next week.

Yes, kids are welcome, there are great places for the kids to ride, it should be warm enough to enjoy both the daytime rides and night time camp fires. Riding is for everyone, some hills, sandy whoops, single track, river beds, ATV's welcome.

Ther are ablutions and 6 RV hookups with water and electricity - other campsites have a BBQ and covered picnic table - very nice. And you can bring your boat as well.

Driving directions, from Amarillo, take the I27 South to Tulia, head east to Silverton, about 10-15 miles head north/left to the lake.

If you are coming from Oklahoma or Dallas, take the 207 South from Claude, this will take you straight to the lake, you will also enjoy a scenic drive through our beautiful canyon.

Attachments

• amfest2.jpg
    amfest2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I'm just down the road from ya. I think that I can swing it, but not sure if I would be camping or not. I just may be down from a day ride as I don't have any tent.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Atleast three of the Heartland Spodes are planning on it?? Hey, whose turn is it to be in charge of cooking anyway???

I won't get there till LATETHIRTY Friday. Willl leave Sunday early afternoon.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Spodefest sounds like fun! Do you have to have a spark arrester?( haven't gotten around to that yet). I'll have to see if we can load up the rig and head out I-40.:confused:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
No spark arrestor required, you do have to have a helmet though :think

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
A helmet??????? Wait a minute no one said a anything about that nonsense.;)

Jon Sosa

Feb 19, 2000
I could probably make it for a Sat or Sun. Not both days though, no camping gear. Since I only live about 3hrs north of Amarillo it sounds like a lot of fun!

js

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Jon, come up on the Saturday, pack as if you are going to stay til Sunday, and see how it goes, I am sure you can find a place to say, at the campsite or nearby motel (20 mins or so !)

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Wow, the first opportunity I have to meet some of you DRN'ers in my neck of the woods since I moved to NTX and my bike is in various boxes begging to be reassembled. Wish I could make it, if only my front brake line would make it to my door I'd get off my lazy butt and get this thing running again. Have fun, the weather should be near perfect.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Hey, whose turn is it to be in charge of cooking anyway???

The dude who can cook a pig in a pit is :scream: .......................not :confused:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by evenslower
Wow, the first opportunity I have to meet some of you DRN'ers in my neck of the woods since I moved to NTX and my bike is in various boxes begging to be reassembled. Wish I could make it, if only my front brake line would make it to my door I'd get off my lazy butt and get this thing running again. Have fun, the weather should be near perfect.
Well, start assembling the bike. You've got a month. Any last minute things can be worked out. Now, turn off Olympic Underwater Basket Weaving and start wreching!

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
My brother is coming up from Temple TX as well, just got himself a new KDX200, and will be eager to try it out. Its about a 7 hour drive up from Temple.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sounds like the group is groing. Thats great. The more the merrier.:) Jon Sosa, plan to stay, we'll find some place to put you.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
It'll be close to a seven hour drive for me. I won't be able to leave till around 3:30. Are we traveling together bswift?

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
I'm planning on heading out with my daughter, leaving about noon Friday.We will be camping out in an old-style canvas tent. Should be there before dark. We don't know anybody yet. We will be in a White Suburban pulling a YZ 426 and a TTR125. Looking forward to it!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Justql, I'll be riding with you. Not sure if OKKX'r is still in but WE will have room won't WE? I'll get it put on my schedule at work to get off at noon. We'll work out the logistics.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Bundu will have to give us specific directions as to where to park once we arrive. I'll pull in well after dark. Hopefully the Dodge won't wake up to many people.:p

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Hopefully the Dodge won't wake up to many people.
Yeah, right!:p We'll wake up all the spooks in the grave yards when we go by.;)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
When you get there, you will probably drive up the road to Rosita Flats and think, where are all the people, it is a big place, and most people are day trippers, there's a good chance that the only RV you will see there will be mine or another DRN'rs.

You guys are putting the pressure on me, hey you Heartland Spode mods, don't you know where we can get a DRN banner from !? :)

otherwise I will 'borrow some realtor signs from our development, look out for the choice homes signs :eek:

CSL

Oct 30, 2000
Hey Bundu,
I'll talk to CJRider and see if we can make it down that way. It's only 350 miles (5 1/2 - 6 hours). Is the camping down there dog friendly? We've got an old husky that likes to sleep around the campfire and tip over people's beers.... "oops, here, let me clean that up for ya". ;)

Anyway, we could probably get most of the way down there on Friday night after work. Or just go all the way and show up after midnight. That cool?

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Must have been in a work-induced coma when I read this the first time. I saw March, read March, but the brain registered February. Hmmmm.

Should have the old girl together in plenty of time for the ride. It would be nice to meet some new folks. So far all of the riding friends I have made ride quads. Please don't judge me..........I was desperate........I didn't enjoy it.........I only sat on one..........

BSWIFT....I don't know man, I hear the Ukranian team has a new technique that will forever revolutionize the sport. I'm on pins and needles.:confused:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Evenslower, glad you read and thought the same thing;) . As for the new olympic sport, the Russians and the French already have decided who will get the gold medal.:eek: :debil:

Top Bottom