justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
As far as a banner the Heartland Spodes do have a small banner:) I think we were the first group to have one. I'll throw it in the trailer.

THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I don't know how many I'm bringing but you can sleep in the Tailgator I'm sure. It might be crowded but it has a large open room in the back that can hold atleast three cots. Then theres the fold down table bed and also the pop out bed in front(MINE:) ) Bring a cot and beddding. If you can put up with the sounds that bswift makes when he sleeps you're welcome.;)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Jon Sosa

Hey, if nothing else I can sleep in the chevy!:confused:

js
That's the spirit!

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Dogs are welcome .... we're letting BSWIFT in aren't we ? :scream:

There are no gates or check in, so you can get there in your own time, find a spot, park and sleep. In the morning you can find the ideal camping spot. So don't panic if you can't find the DRN crew, we will all meet in the morning.

Maiconut, are we going to see thise old Maico's ? :)

This is sounding better all the time. :cool:

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by BunduBasher
Dogs are welcome .... we're letting BSWIFT in aren't we ? :scream:

LMAO :) :) We're going to get along just fine Bundu.

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
No Maicos this trip. The 76 is completely torn down and waiting on parts to go back together. The 71 is waiting on a new clutch:ugg: It looks pretty though!

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I wonder if we can get some DRN stickers shipped in for the fest. 20 will probably do.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
If the Dodge diesel doesn't wake you up, I WILL! HA! I can scare off a grizzly bear with my snoring. Now, if there are moose within 10 miles, well, I'm sleeping in the middle.:scream:

txvintage

Sponsoring Member
Apr 20, 2001
WAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm already doing a single track / fire road trip up in the Ouchita's two weeks after this and then two weeks after that is the AHRMA National in Hallet, OK.

My kitchen passes are all used up.

WAAAAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
txvintage, wylie tx, what's that 5-6 hours away ..... sounds like you have too much planned for the months of March/April :(

Can't get too much of a good thing now can ya ? :D

If anyone is coming from the Waco/Austin or Dallas/Fort Worth area, let me know, my brother may need to share a ride to get hime and his bike here.

Didya see this - just for ya BSWIFT :moon:

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
How did I become the :moon: of all the jokes? Did Rich give me the "butt hat" and I can't see it? Oh well, just wait for me to rip you guys a new one.:p

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Hey swift and justin, does the three that you mention on that trip include a swede from Oklahoma? We talked a little about the trip but never said much again. I would like to go, just trying to figure out the logistics, etc.

CSL

Oct 30, 2000
Hey y'all,
I'm really thinking about going (and dragging CJ along ;) ). Can someone give a general description of the riding area? (how many miles of trails?, single-track?, forested?, wide open?, marked trail system?)

Thanks! :D

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
The riding is pretty easy, lot of trails, some hills, nothing too technical, lots of space to get some speed, some sandy whoops, no marked trails, there is a mini style GP track, and lots of fun trails. The kids will love this place, my boy is 7 and can't get enough of the place.

I am thinking of doing an organized ride to Cal Farleys boys ranch for the fest, it is about 50 miles of trail, maybe more, will have to leave gas at the turn around point. I have someone here who can get hold of a couple of throw away canisters, will talk to him about setting this up.

A cross country ride would be fun.

There is no formal race track, no set trails, routes etc. This is a camping and ORV park, free camping, a real fun place. Lots of space to do your thing :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Lorin, it would work out good if I could leave my truck at your place. Justin will be coming to OKC anyway. If you know someone along west 40 that wouldn't mind a truck in the drive for the weekend it would save some back tracking. I have a buddy in Mustang that might work with us. Let me know what you have in mind.

Calcaneus

~SPONSOR~
Sep 26, 2001
This sounds like a lot of fun. I am going to try and make it out from western Oklahoma. I am anxious to meet some you guys. I am somewhat familiar with the riding area, but have never ridden the trail to Boys Ranch. I would like to make that ride (to BR), but I don't know if I can keep up. I am just getting back to riding after an injury.Hope to see you all there.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I am going to try and see if they will let us make a stop at the boys ranch, get some juice or water. Each of us can ride at our own pace, I am a slowish rider, and will be out there for the trail ride. :cool:

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Brian, I am only about 2.5 miles North of I-40 West and\or 4 miles east of I-35. My house would probably be just fine for parking your truck. Let me know as you get more ironed out.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Checklist

Camper-loaded with supplies
gear-
genreator
fuel-
tools-
banner-
bswift-
lorin-
uh maybe the bikes too.:)

So I have bswift and Lorin traveling with me and bunking in the trailer, okkxer and craig_enid have also both been invited. We can maybe haul five bikes and four guys in the truck and trailer. We can sleep however many want to pile in, getting there might require two vehicles though.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
looks like i'm probably out. i got elected to coach soccer even though i don't want to. no one else will do it. they would have to cut some players (possibly including my daughter) if i don't. there goes my saturdays for the next three months.:ugg: after coaching basketball all winter, i was really looking forward to not being tied down.

maybe i'll get lucky and there won't be anything scheduled for the 9th.

mkimbro1

Nov 12, 2001
I know I'm going to be there and maybe bring one other. I will be driving a Dodge extra cab duelie with at least 2 KX 250s. We are leaving Friday around noon. We may have room for another if anyone needs a lift.

See you there,

Mike

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i'm definitely out. my basketball team got invited to play in a charity tournament that weekend. they voted unanimously to participate.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by mx547
i'm definitely out. my basketball team got invited to play in a charity tournament that weekend. they voted unanimously to participate.
:) :( :silly:

Top Bottom