Nobody wants Amarillo :(

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Originally posted by BunduBasher
Nobody wants Amarillo :(

And that suprises you? ;)

Actually, Texas voted and decided that if there were one place in the state to send the cold weather and snow, it had to be Amarillo. I think the name means yellow snow in spanish. :scream:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by BunduBasher
Where does Amarillo fit in the picture /
Next to the Cadilac Ranch, of course.;)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Amarillo = Yellow sand, yellow snow is .... er well ... :o

The Cadillac Ranch, now that's a place worth talking about ... OK nuff said about that :mad:

Coming from Indy, the weather here is great, even in mid winter here there is sun in the sky, so far this year we have had minimal snow, just enough to enjoy.

Last weekend we spent a wonderful winters day riding at the Canadian river, we had perfect riding weather, my boy had the best riding time of his life. Add to that the Palo Duro Canyaon, and Amarillo starts to look a bit better. :ugg:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
bundu, you should come ride the dunes in western okla with us some time. it's only about 25 miles further for you than it is for me. (not that i can get any of the heartland wimps to ride out there anyway-except tx246).

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Where is the nearest town, may have to look into trying that sometime - sand dunes hmmmm, not my cup of tea, prefer single track, hill climbs, trees and trails, I am sure the Pampera though would do fine.

Alan

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Turn down a ride and what do you get! The HL spodes will do the Dunes as a group some day, I'm sure. Bundu, their are only two opinions of the Dunes, I hate or I love it.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
waynoka is the nearest town. it's a very small town, maybe 1000 people. the nearest "big" towns are enid and woodward. u.s. 60 goes almost all the way there. the dunes are a blast. it's an experience like no other. there are trails there too but they are sand and are pretty much continuous sand whoops. if you like hill climbs, you should like riding up and down the dune faces. some of them are pretty steep and high. i didn't think it was my cup of tea either. i had known about the dunes for years but i just never had any interest in riding there (i'm a motocrosser). once i went, i was kicking myself for putting it off so long. i'm addicted now. it's the best riding there is.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by justql

I WILL ride there soon.

The weather is going to be real nice THIS weekend. Where are we riding and when? Craig wants me to go to Post, TX for the enduro but I don't know, what do you think?

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I'm too outta shape for the enduro. I need a few week to get back in shape. I 35 track Saturday around noon work for you??

I talked to Jim at Smackover about the ride in February. I think that'll be my first overnight outing this winter. Then hit BJEC in March.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by justql
I'm too outta shape for the enduro.
Isn't round a shape?

Top Bottom