7. Damon Huffman, Valencia, Calif., Honda
8. Ezra Lusk, Bainbridge, Ga., Yamaha
9. Kevin Windham, Centerville, Miss., Honda
10. Ernesto Fonseca, Murietta, Calif., Honda

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Come competition time (and I say that because everyone's always talking about fastest practice laptimes, lol (Lusk)), CR is just a man among boys. And last night "he was rusty". We're going to have to wait 'til next year (James) for some good racing (at least for the first few laps ;) ).

I'll bet Windham could run with him if he could pull his head out. Yeah, I know he went down--but his laptimes were worse after getting back up (1:02 before, 1:04 after).

One interesting point: Honda and Yamaha have owned SX in the 250 class since its inception, while Suzuki and Kawasaki have owned the 125 class. Same thing happened last night (other than Ramsey's 2nd place finish). What's up with that?

jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
i'm glad you said k-dub fell. i couldn't figure out the lap times.
i'm pretty stoked about the suzuki and kx 250f's.....
my gsxr simply rips and knowing that suzuki based the motor off of this is thrilling.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Originally posted by Senior KX Rider
and it will be televised today :yeehaw:

Televised where? Thought the schedule said A1 was on the 8th?

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Im impressed how THe Rock, Tyler Evans & Michael Byrne finished :thumb: Just thought K-Dub would've been in the hunt,..
I understand the race is going too be televised today @1pm PST..

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
According to Racer X, it should have been on ESPN 2
1/4/04
12pm ET 125
1pm ET 250
When I looked though, it was Poker
And if it was supposed to be on ABC, my TVs daily listing didn't show it.
Racer X has listing of times and a little article obout next day coverage.

Last edited:

Wraith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Ok, 3pm Central ABC
Man that was a close one.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
How about that Langston/Evans issue in the heat race.  Tyler deserved what he got in return.  Langston is not the type to back down from that kind of stuff.

Ricky in the booth as a comentator.  That was different.  Ricky is not a great speaker.  A couple of times it seemed like he was trying to avoid having to talk about Reed, but at the end, he gave Reed credit.

Coverage was OK.  The comentators kinda suck.  Did he say that reed was on a Boise Yamaha?  As in Boise Idaho?

2nd half of GNCC racing coverage on Speed now.  Gotta run.

jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
i remember reading an article that ricky's personality cannot sell bike... i fully agree. the evens-langston mix AWSOME... i was really surprised at some of the finishers like k-dub and wey.

Wraith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
I was kind of impressed with RC in the booth. Every time there was a pass for a position in the top ten (while the network was showing other riders who usualy by thereselves) Ricky was the first to point it out, and they usually went to cover that. Although his voice did lack, and his speaking of the Start did lack, what else can you expect from a guy who is whipping his bike 30 feet in the air for a few million a year :aj: I miss Bailey though.
I do wonder if the Evans/Langston deal, will turn into a season long grudge. That would be cool if it did. I thought it was kinda funny when one of those announcers asked RC if he thought it was a dirty shot.

MXTex

~SPONSOR~
Feb 29, 2000
Man I loved Langston's take out move of Tyler Evans. I appears that Evans brought a knife to a gun-fight. :aj:

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
It's was a good thing RC was in the booth, Reed would have smoked him again. Very impressive for him to be only 90% from his shoulder injury.

Very bummed about Reynard in the main. He's a local hero. after the heat race I thought he would run alot better than 19th

Fonseco, Lusk, Windham, Vuillemin, Ferry, Voss, Hamblin, LaRacco, & Huffman are all going to be real fun to watch mix it up.

Evans/Langston rival is ON!!!!!!!!!! each race is going to be a dog fight with these guys.

My .02 :aj:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
someone said that reynard has a sore wrist that was acting up.

marley did pretty good.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Given that Evans and Langston are 1-2 in the World SX Championship I expect that the battle has just begun!

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
i just think it's cool that evans can go from fmx to sx/mx and be able to mix it up with langston in only his 2nd year, he deserves props for that. plus i hate langston so.... go evans!!!!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
The Evans/Langston battle should be fun, mix in Brown if he's in the main and should be real fun :laugh: I thought Ricky did pretty good in the booth, probably a PR move on his part, too get people too like him.. What did you think of the commercials?? I like Bubba's :worship:

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
What happened to Langston in the final?

And who was it that dropped the front wheel in the whoops and did a sumersault. Was that Lusk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom