Bodge

~SPONSOR~
Oct 4, 2003
When going through a bearing supplier how do you figure out the sizes of the old worn out bearings? I want to replace the swingarm and linkage bearings on my 96cr250 but the bearings seem quite pricey. Also do the lower shock bearings come w/ the linkage kits? How much of a difference should i see if the bearings on it now are shot? This bike swaps alot, could these bearings being shot have anything to do w/ the swapping?

kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
The bearings should have a number on them for the distributor to cross reference. Just went thru this with my Kaw. My dealer wanted approximately 60 bucks for the main bearings. I got'em from http://www.honda-kawasaki.com/ for about 18.00 bucks a piece. This is a dealer out of Florida that has the cheapest OEM prices that I've found. Another is www.ronayers.com. Good prices but not as cheap as Florida. I do a compare on all my orders. For fun I quote thru my local dealer and can't believe the markup they've got...150% in some cases.

I also believe there is a distributor that sells on ebay and is a member of the forum. I don't know the name but someone has to.

sbleakle

Mar 10, 2002
I also believe there is a distributor that sells on ebay and is a member of the forum. I don't know the name but someone has to.[/QUOTE]

There are at least two sellers on eBay that have good prices on bearings. Search by seller for "worldwidebearings" and "racergirlsrock"

Steve

joelyles2004

Mar 5, 2004
How to get bearings cheap

Just get the dealer to ring up a dummy ticket with their bearing part numbers and cost etc. The description of the bearing will have the dimensions on it. For Example: 28 X 68 X18 (mm) Then go to site that sells bearings or any supplier that sells them cheap.

Pantaz

Dec 13, 2001
If the bearing number is unreadable, they can measure the bearing and find it in their cross-reference.

Top Bottom