Bike Support in Enclosed Trailer

Poltax

Apr 11, 2006
I have an enclosed 27 ft snowmobile trailer that I use for my sleds in the the winter. I want to be able to carry at least 5-6 bikes in the trailer during the summer. I have looked at wheel chocks, but those will intail taking them in & out when I want to use the trailer for misc items or the sleds. Has anyone tried to use the pick up bed rails on the wall of an enclosed trailer, & if you have, what has been your experience.

Any other ideas would be great.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I didn't want chocks or rails on the floor of my trailer so we tie the bike down on an aluminium stand with turnbuckles to the footpegs. Took a router and recessed D-Rings into the floor with a backing plate under the floor for extra strength. The only time I'm wishing I had done it differently is when I'm lining up multiple bikes in a row, then it can get somewhat awkward to get to the inside turnbuckle against the previous bike. With a 27 foot trailer you should be able to leave a lot of room between bikes so this shouldn't be an issue like it is in my 12 footer.

motodude381

May 20, 2006
On Our trailer we made a removable board with diamond plate and Strap hooks to press the front wheels against. It works real well and wasnt to hard to make.

Top Bottom