Huskyraca665

Apr 15, 2002
My Dad broke his rear brake line on his Gas Gas Pampera and he just replaced it last night. We have tried to bleed the brake by putting the fluid in by the bleeder, and it wont pump up :( . We were getting bubbles to come up but now they have stop. We need ideas to help get them work for the sunday. Thank you :worship:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Bleeding brakes can sometimes be a pain in the ...you know what!
On my ktm front brake I had to actually remove the brake line and start over. I tried everything and nothing worked. Filling from the top and pumping, using a syringe and force bleeding from the bottom back up to the master cylinder and had no luck. Air can get trapped in the line and sometimes tapping on the line will help but in my case it didn't.

Again I would try removing the brake line and reconnecting then fill & bleed.
Good luck.

Unit74

Dec 16, 2001
Get a large guage seringe from a cooking supply or horse supply place. Use clear aquarium hose and while your dad pours, you suck down the fluid with the serringe. Right before you run out of space to pull, close the bleed while pulling so that the negative preasure is constant till you close the valve. This will insure that you don't pull any air in while closing. Repeat till you feel comforable and the brakes feel normal.

dawiev

Jun 25, 2002
Some of the advice that I've seen given on other posts and boards is to take the caliper off the swingarm, wedge something between the pads, turn it upside down and then try bleeding it again.

It seems that air gets trapped in the caliper and no amount of "normal" bleeding will get it to budge and the only way to get this fixed it to force-bleed like described above, or turn the caliper so that the bleeding nipple is at the highest point. Mounted on the swingarm it's at the lowest point and therefore it's natural that the air sits in pockets at the top.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
In addition to bleeding at the bleeder, break all the fittings loose using the standard pump and hold scenario. You can catch that errant bubble this way too. Try wrapping the wrench/fitting in a rag to contain the spooge.

Top Bottom