kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
Ever since I bought the reeds for my bike they've never wanted to seat quite right. They're dual stage and the larger petals seated at first and the smaller petals had a slight twist to them so they didn't seat all that well. After about 5 rides with a few hours each the thing did not want to start. I pulled them back out and the large petals had pulled back and the small petals had twisted even more. I flipped the big ones back over and they seat good but since the little ones have that twist they won't seat. It started better but still not as good as with even the stock reeds (they had started to chip so I replaced them). I'm going to yank them back out and send them to Boyesen for inspection and possible replacement. Has anyone else had this sort of thing happen? I've had friends install them with no problems at all. I think I just got a funny set.

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
I ran those in my old bike, a 93RM250. I never had a problem with them. They should seat perfectly out of the package. I would return them if I were you.

Good luck, Steve.

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
Ya I put them on and I was like wellll the gaps aren't too bad. Good enough to ride! Then it sucked to start so I pulled them and they had gapped even more. And ya next time i'll use loctite and put a little less muscle into the screws.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom