Redrider

Nov 2, 1999
My wife and I are obsessed with supercross, motocross, freetstyle and any other kind of motorcycle action. We collect jerseys, pants, goggles, gloves, number plates, posters etc from any of the famous riders. We also love those chance encounters with the top pros.

One instance in particular that we like to flashback to is at last years Troy outdoor national, we saw of all people, David Vuillimen and his girlfriend in a rental car driving through the local Wal-Mart parking lot. We look up to these people so much, it is hard for my wife and I to realize that these people are semi-normal.

I would like to hear the story of your chance encounter with super stars of the sport.
Thanks
Redrider

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
i am always seeing riders in town around race day. we have a National Enduro in my hometown of Wellston Ohio and i see Randy Hawkins, Mike Lafferty, Doug Blackwell, just out being normal humans, kinda weird huh. but when my dad took the family out to the ISDE in Oklahoma in '94 i can remember going into a grocery store w/ my step-mom and looking down an isle seeing Ty Davis shopping, i was like mesmerised. i remember running around the store playing hide and go seek w/ him and everytime i would see him i would yell, "LOOK THERE'S TY DAVIS, ROBIN." he prolly thought i was mentally retarded or something, but hey i was like 13 or 14 at the time so. :)

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
I had Jay Springsteen get in an elevator with me one time in Houston. I was about 18 yrs old (this was a looong time ago; 197?), but I still recall how amazed I was that the elevator stopped, the door opened and there was JAY SPRINGSTEEN!! . . . he was RIGHT THERE!! and he got in MY elevator to go down to the lobby.
I saw Roger Decoster in Denny's one night. That was pretty amazing.
These people are actually real!

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Remember people....They put their pant's on just like you or I do.......One Leg at a time. Generals do it the same way. It just takes us little people a while to remember that. Not only that, remember that they do like a brake from the spotlight. I will never forget meeting Mel Gibson. I was still a young un meeting my dad for luch and who do we see at the hotdog stand? My dad just sat down and said "What's Up Mel?" Gwad I love my Dad!..... Mel was in town filming "The Man With Out A Face"........Damn.......I'm gettin' old!

Redrider

Nov 2, 1999
My wife and I feel so stupid because we get so torn up when we see the pros. The one person that totally dumbfounds me is Jeremy McGrath. My wife and I wandered into the pits at the Atlanta supercross the day before the race when no one but riders were supposed to be there (shame on us), and who did we see under the Bud Light Tent but the man himself Jeremy McGrath. I made a straight line to his semi and to my suprise, he walked right over and started up a conversation. I was so shocked, suprised and everything else, that I could barely speak as was my wife. He probably thought we both had a weekend pass from the local pshych ward.

Top Bottom