James Miller

Jul 26, 2002
My dad and I want to go to buckleberry lakes soon. We are novice riders, so you may not be interested. I have been told there is a lot more to buckleberry than I saw, and thought someone might could give us a tour.

James

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Where is that?

A bunch of us are getting together the weekend of the 22nd - 23rd at TNT 45 minutes south of Charlotte if y'all are interested.

James Miller

Jul 26, 2002
Buckleberry lakes is near smithfield, NC. It doesn't have a track, but it has lots of sand, jumps, mud, and drag strip type things. A family leases it to a sand mining company(I think) and there are a bunch of ponds being dredged out. I've only been once, but I hear that sometimes there are mounds of sand 20-30 feet tall. The cost is 10 bucks all day per person. It is completely legal, too! Supposedly over 1000 acres.

I have not been to TNT. Are there trails there? I'm not into motocross, seeing as I ride an xr650.

James

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Indeed there are trails:) They have the typical ATV ruts in them though from the joint riding of ATV's as well as dirt bikes. James there will be riders of all skill levels there. As Gomer said we're gonna be having a big ride out there the weekend of the 22. You should join us if you have the oppertunity. :thumb:

James Miller

Jul 26, 2002
I'll ask my dad, but that is a LONG drive from raleigh. I would love to join ya'll, though.

Are either of you interested in buckleberry?

James

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
I would be interested James it's just gonna be awhile before I could make it out there. Keep me in mind the next time ya'll are interested in going.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I'd love to go try it, but too many things going on right now. probably won't have a chance to get up that way til summer. Then I'l try to make a weekend of it by going there and Devil's Ridge.

The XR650 will be fine at TNT. You won't be the only one in our group there on one. (Of course, the other guy on the 650 left me in the woods, so if you plan on doing that, too, you can stay home!) :)

I'm pretty sure Dave is coming down from Raleigh next weekend to TNT...maybe you could follow him?

vetwfo'er

Dec 18, 2000
It's between Raleigh and Wilson. Call CycleMax in Wilson, they should be able to give you directions. It's a very small and easy MX track, great for beginners. I rode buckleberry a couple of times and it was very boring.

vetwfo'er

James Miller

Jul 26, 2002
Dad and I ended up going to archer's lodge since it was closer. It may not have been very challenging for you, but it really helped me get used to my bike.

James

vetwfo'er

Dec 18, 2000
James,

It was good for me at the time. I was just getting back into riding after a 20+ year layoff. Glad it worked out for you and watch out for pigs. I almost hit one in the sand berm on the entrance side of the facility.

vetwfo'er

James Miller

Jul 26, 2002
Yeah, things were kinda strange...

The weirdest thing I think I saw was the milk! I'm serious, there must have been 1000 gallons of souring milk sitting in crates that the goats were eating! There must have been over 2000$ worth of milk sitting there! There were also hundreds of empty ones. Maybe a milk truck crashed outside the house, and they salvaged what was left. You can say i'm crazy, but you have to see it to beleive it!

I didn't see the pig, but there were lots of goats, and ratty looking dogs. From the pics i've seen on the net, I think the track has kinda gone to pot.

Do they really have races there? If so, when?

James

vetwfo'er

Dec 18, 2000
I moved from Wilson a couple of years ago and back then he did have a pig or two and a bijillion jack russel terriers, never saw any goats.

Ride hard, ride safe and enjoy!

vetwfo'er

tlallfun

Jun 7, 2005
Directions to buckleberry

Buckleberry is a lot of fun. I have been there many times. We go there and camp out and ride all weekend. There are lakes you can go swimming and all. If anyone wants to know how to get there these are the directions.

From Asheboro, NC 64 East, East on 1, East I40, to I95 North Exit on to Brogden Road, take a left when you come of the exit, about 15 miles or less. Buckleberry is on the right, you will see a big old wooden barn with a faded out sign on it and a long dirt road. Go down the dirt road a ways it will be on the left you will see a gate to go through the gate is old, you will see another sign. Then you are there. FONT]

122346asfddsg

Take exit 93 (Brogden Rd) on I-95, hang a right, and ride for 13.5 miles and it'll be on the right. Great place to ride unless its busy, and its kinda expensive ($10 per bike, five to ride)

E

eaglesfanatic

I am lookin for some pics of buckleberry

James Miller said:
My dad and I want to go to buckleberry lakes soon. We are novice riders, so you may not be interested. I have been told there is a lot more to buckleberry than I saw, and thought someone might could give us a tour.

James

Me and my uncles are looking to go to buckleberry and we need directions and some pics to even see if its worth our while.

T

t bub

James Miller said:

James
busco beach is ten times better. u can actually get through the trails. big jumps and a big drag strip. its in goldsboro.near semore johnson air force base

Top Bottom