dirtbikr99

Nov 21, 2002
OK, well I was at the track today, and I cased a jump pretty good, it broke a hinge off my skid place on my cr250. It did not feel very good! My ankle is fine tho, lucky. I was used cheap old boots, but i am going riding tomorrow but i am gonna buy new boots before i go to the track. I can not afford to hurt my ankle, i'm on a college scholarship, not really even suposta be riding! haha I cant help it though. I tryed on the fox forma pros, I loved the way they felt, the tech 8 just seemed bulky and did not fit as good but I feel maybe i just dident get the boot tight enough in the store or somthing. I had tech 8s 2 years ago but one of the soles fell off. I put alota use on the boot though. The cost of the fox will be 190 and the tech 8 like 60 bucks more, I get a discount. What do you guys think I will be more happy with? Will the tech 8 give me more protection? I know if comes down to how it feels on me but I just wanted some opinions Also I looked at the archives and read tha stuff but maybe more people have used tha fox forma pros now to give me an idea how they are
Also I see everyone wearing kidnee belts or whatever they are, maybe i will pick one of those up too but i just dont get them. how do they protect you, do they protect your back? shed some light haha
thanks alot guys

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I have Tech 6's, great boot, but I've already worn the sole significantly on the ball (I ride on the balls of my feet). There is a replaceable section of sole, but I'm wearing part that isn't replaceable (easily). Other than the sole issue, the boots is pretty good for the price. Stands up well, but keeping white boots clean is impossible (get any colour other than white!). Aluminum buckles would be nice, but I wasn't about to fork out another $200 for the Tech 8's (I think they have aluminum buckles).

Overall I'd give my white Tech 6's 8.5/10, any other colour would get 9/10.

dirtbikr99

Nov 21, 2002
I went down to the store today, I orderd the fox forma pros, they felt better than all the others hands down. Tech 8s were to bulky, and the tech 6 were better but the foxs just felt the best. I got the white ones, becuse i always wanted white boots, any tips on keeping they white? haha I only paid 140 for the fox forma pros too, i got a great deal. i'll let you guys kno how i like then in a week or so
as for the kidney belt, i might get one because i ride everyday usally for at least 4 hours or more and my sides get very sore, maybe this will help. I also picked up a chest guard, the one that goes under the jersey because the outer plastic ones restrict me but i hate rocks thrown out the back of the 450fs to my gut. haha also picked up some elbo pads but idont think i'll use them much.

JustinC

Apr 5, 2005
i will never buy white boots again! i bought white tech 6's and they never come clean! the insides thurn black and i have to scrub them with a scotch brite pad to get it off.

i am due for a new pair of boots myself, i like the tech 6's but i want to try something different, maybe oxtar's, or 661's.

Top Bottom