Cajun Classic 100 (Round 2 National Enduro)

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Wow, This is like trying to coordinate the Battle of Britain!! :scream: :thumb:

I'm sure it's going to work out.  Mikeb, you have e-mail from me today.

Where's Gnarly and Jayhawk.  They seemed pretty sure of their participation.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Great idea Randy, why didnt I think of that. Of course I'll expect the oil to changed, clean air filter etc :)

Oh and you asked what you might be able to do for people?
Boudain, crackers and hot sauce for breakfast.
Crawfish broil for evening, with obligatory gumbo and daddy pops.
I'll get back to with other items as I think of them
:yeehaw:

Yeah I am curious as to what Rick and Jayhawks plans are, especially if Aimee ends up not being able to make the trip.

Bfaster

Aug 26, 2002
Randy,
Looks like your buddies are like mine. Everytime my wife fires up the pot the Memphis folks break out the silverware. HAHA. She enjoys watching them eat themselves silly and it usually helps my score against their's the next day.

Bon Appetite!

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Things are looking better. It looks like I may be able to pull this thing off. Sounds like I may be bringing the wife down so that is great news Bfaster that you guys take into account the spectators. I am sure I will be "something to see" being my first ever enduro. I will approach it like all the races I am crazy enough to attempt. Have fun, dont get hurt and dont break nuthin expensive.

Timr I got lots of questions. I will try to call ya later today.

Eddie, You really should talk Aimee into coming down and if she dont want to ride then her and the wife can hang out. I will try to call ya tonight.

John, I didnt really intend on you guys dragging all my stuff down, I was really thinking more of if we dont camp dropping the bike off Sat evening with you guys instead of taking a chance on getting it stolen from a motel parking lot. I appreciate your offer and will definitely let you know if I need any help getting me or my stuff down there.

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
I should have the form in the mail tomorrow, so expect it by Monday latest. I was planning to give Rick a call this evening to check his plans. Not sure if we will travel together, camp, motel, etc. Will let you know hopefully tomorrow.

One thing's for sure, I will be the slowest of the bunch, so however many rows you're thinking, stake me out on the back one. :yeehaw:

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
lawman,

I got a KX100. The height is perfect and finally some disc brakes. Of course, it's now like I was out riding the ones on my XR. ;)

Timr,

Let me see check GSR and see if she wants to come and ride. If she agrees, maybe she and I can get a row more towards the back. Unless of course she wants to ride with TTR Guy. I'll send her an e-mail and see what she says. Otherwise, put me down for a spot on the row. If your ears start burning during the race, you'll know it's just me talking ugly about you..... :eek: Just kidding.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by TTRGuy
Crawfish broil for evening, with obligatory gumbo and daddy pops.

Back in '95 about 30 members and family from my club in Birmingham made the trip down there for the National.  It rained on us off and on on the way down.  We made it to the campground around 3:00 saturday afternoon, and the campground was wet but the sand soaked up a lot of the water.

That evening, we all went back to the Days Inn where we were staying.  It started pouring rain, and we all figured that the US Forestry Service would force the club to postpone the race.

So, we all went out to this Cajun Restaraunt and had a huge crawfish feast with many many barly pops consumed by all.  We finally went to bed shortly before midnight and figured that we'd drive out to the race site, find out that it had been postponed, pick up our bikes and start driving home.

When we got there, the race was on.  Many guys from our group were sporting hangovers.  Two guys missed the race because they slept in.  The course wasn't too bad in most spots, but there was some deep creek crossing and huge bogs that you had to try to ride around.  Guys were stuck everywhere.

I was riding in the C class and was late all day long.  I houred out at check #10 with 300 + points.  It was a long day, and my neck hurt all the way home because I had been wearing my helmet for over 9 hours without taking it off.

The weather is going to be good this year though...I hope.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
I told TTRGuy if he wanted to go I would be there whether I rode or not. Besides, I’ll go anywhere there’s Cajun food to be had! Crawfish, yum! :) I’m pretty sure I won’t race but if we get there early enough maybe I can ride some on Saturday. Being off the bike this long, there is no way I can hang for 60 miles, especially in that kind of terrain (and by that I mean non-desert terrain) ;)

How far is this place from New Orleans?

Looking forward to seeing you guys again and meeting some new faces.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Aimee, it's about 200 miles to New Orleans from there.  As for riding, I would think the area will be closed due to the special use permit involved for the event but I am not absolutely certain.  You may be able to ride but just check and see.  There is another riding area not far from there if you wanted to get some riding in.  It's probably about 45 minutes away from the race site.

Last edited:

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
Ok Tim, I hope my nerves can stand it. It will be normal pre-race jitters multiplied by about 1000. :eek: Put me down for a spot on your row. Sending the entry and money to you today.

Also, I'll bring my big Moose Racing banner and put it up. It shouldn't be that hard to spot plus I'll post pics of my truck, trailer, and bike. I hope to have an easy up by then also. Everyone can put there bikes under and hang out near by. Just ask Bill to save me a spot near them where I can set up and leave the trailer when I head to the motel.

I should be there by 2:30 at the latest. I wonder if I'll be more nervous watching Cody race or on Sunday. :think:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Great!  Thanks Neely.  That works out well since you know the Porters and can gather all of the DRNers in the same location. 

I'll get the rows all set up as soon as I recieve all of the entry forms.

BFaster, are you guys putting 4 or 5 on a row?

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
thanks motohead.  I just needed to know how to structure the rows.  I figured it would be 4.  that makes it a little easier on you guys at check points.  that extra person per row and cause chaios when large groups of riders show up at the same time, especially at tie-breaker checks.

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Mine will be going out by Monday at the latest. Now if I can get my riding skills and stamina to cooperate I should be good to go.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
That's good news moto.  You'll have to tell us how or where to find you.  Are you going to be a check captain?

Neely,

I just got off of the phone with Bobby Porter.  His family is definately going in his big motorhome.  Bill Porter is still undecided.  Wesley's baseball schedule will be the determining factor.  Bobby told me where he planned to park, and I can describe it to you one the phone so you'll know where to park and set up the sign.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by Timr
That's good news moto.  You'll have to tell us how or where to find you.  Are you going to be a check captain? 

I will definitely be around and looking for the fellow DRN'ers.  My bike is a 400 EXC with the number 345 on the sideplates and the obligatory DRN fender stickers.

As for duties, I will doing whatever is directed.  Probably not a check captain, but may help work one and maybe ride Ghost some.  Just have to wait and see.

Randy

olddirt

Dec 17, 2002
Timr,

I remember that mud bath in '95 very well. I got stuck up to my tank probably 3 or 4 turns from the start. Luckily, two guys stopped (none on my row) and the three of us were able to flip the bike over backwards to get it out. I rode my tail off, riding through every reset, and nearly houring out at every check. After getting stuck about 5 more times, I dropped close to 600 points and finally houred out at the short course cutoff. What's worse is that I heard about it ALL the way home. Everyone was trying to figure out how it would be possible to drop that many points and not hour out earlier!

Have fun. It should be a good ride if it's dry.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Olddirt,

That's funny.  Mike and I heard about it too.  He must have gotten stuck for the first time in the same place that you got stuck.  He got stuck almost right off of the start.  I was 10 rows behind him, and his bike was standing up all by itself.  He houred out at check #9 and I houred out at check #10.  I had almost 400 points, he had almost 500 points.  In the van on the way home all we heard was:  "How can you be over 7 hours late in a race that only lasted 6 hours?"

Thats too funny.

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
The check flies your way tomorrow. 23 and i are working out the travel detail as we speak. We are gonna hit a hotel on the way down, and camp with the rest of ya's

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Just a thought for you guys coming in for the race. Watch you speed in your cars/truck in and around the town of Forest Hill, La. The police there are very quick to write speeding tickets and there is usually no getting out of one. Be careful!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom