agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
well you can but it hard on the o-rings oderless mineral spirits would
work better or a good old wire brush

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
use kerosene or mineral spirits your less likely to up in a puff of smoke. I found this stuff called orange oil yep orange oil that is an excelent enviro friendly solvent , that and simple green are my two main cleaners

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Chain crud sux, dunt it. :)

luvtolean

Oct 3, 2002
I love the orange stuff.

Gasoline will work, but it's hard on the hands and easy to light yourself up. A gallon of diesel in the garage is handy for things like this.

roosteater

~SPONSOR~
Dec 27, 1999
I think the stuff you're referring to is ZEP orange cleaner. You can get it in gallon jugs at Home Depot. I use it to clean my entire bike. I put it in a spray bottle (undilluted) and spray it liberally over everything, including the chain. I let it soak in a bit and then rinse off. It works a ton better than Simple Green.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
nah this stuff IS orange oil straight no detergents no nothing but orange oil. It does not wash off or dilute with water well and leaves a film much like kerosene or 3-n-1 oil will and is pretty flammable according to the chart on the side of the bottle. I mistakenly bought it thinking it was Orange Clean at a sears hardware store and I am glad . This stuff cuts thru heavy wheel bearing grease very similar to what you would find in most shop parts cleaners.

But for my chain all I use is diluted simple green and a quick scrub with a brush any more:)

Top Bottom