Which car for a teenage girl (which one will she look hott in?)

• Black late-model Mustang Convertible

Votes: 26 24.5%
  • White Jeep Wrangler

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Something else...

Votes: 60 56.6%

• Total voters

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
OK - I was asked to do this by my girlfriend's daughter...

She is near driving age and starting to dream about a set of wheels.

So far it is between a Mustang 'vert (black late model new body style)
and a Jeep Wrangler (white).

Which one best suits a teenage girl (the real question she wants to know is which one will she look hott in)?

-jeffd

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Champagne Saab Convertible! It works for me :flame:

Edit: I'm not a teenage girl...but the Saab would be a good car for any teenager, no matter what sex :think:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I think she would look hot in my Audi A4 I have for sale! Fly her up to Michigan and she can drive it home. What an awesome road trip!

... But then again I don't think any teenager should be driving a late model Mustang 'vert, Jeep, Saab, whatever - unless they can afford it themselves!

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I remember a particular carload of teenage girls in a red mustang covertible in the summer of 1991. :think: Therefore, I say 1980 Volvo 240, forest green 2 door, 4 spd w/ overdrive. Not only will it look like a tank.... ;)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I'm with Zio. When I think of a bunch of teenage girls in a convertible, then I think of my daughter, I think of getting her a '64 International Scout, beat from pillar to post.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
You guys have some good points...
I was thinking of a Yugo with faded red paint. No way is a guy gonna look in that direction :-) but give me some good suggestions, please.. that she would like.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
well, the 4 cyl wrangler, would be a little hard to speed in... the v-6 mustang is no race car either... I am hoping no one isplanning on sending a brand new driver out in a car with more power than needed...

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by Whyzee
a two seat truck w/ bucket seats. no other passengers

Amen brother, that's exactly what both my kids will be driving when the time comes! I have heard other parents express the same idea. Smart thinking.

No short boxes either, gotta be able to haul a couple bikes. :thumb:

My first car was a 1970 Buick LeSabre that would host a party of eight and easily double any speed limit. It's no small wonder that I am still here! :eek:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
I vote for the passenger seat in my truck (or whatever it might be next). I've seen her mom, I'm serious. :)

But for her to be driving, gotta go with the Jeep. Too many girls drive Mustangs. Jeeps are very sexy.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Originally posted by BadgerMan
Amen brother, that's exactly what both my kids will be driving when the time comes! I have heard other parents express the same idea. Smart thinking.
I did, saved big time on insurance too. I don't need some group of kids trying to talk mine into something stupid in a car. And it has no problem with the bikes.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Hey Whyzee, my best friend totaled her truck that looked exactly like that. That's a nice set of wheels where I come from. And trust me, you can fit several people in that cab.:eek:

And, not very far at all. :flame:

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
Speaking as a father of a daughter; until they make a nerf car, I'm partial to a surplus CUCV.
I bet XRP would concur, he's a chevy fan too. ;)

Last edited:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Out of the 2 you listed i'd say 6cyl mustang. That way she cant go very far offroad in the late evenings. Of course i was surprised where i could "Park" my old T/A.

FritoBandito

Sep 18, 2001
I say neither are good for a beginner driver. The Convertible is not safe in a rollover and a jeep definitely has rollover potential. Start with a car that has high safety ratings. Cool can come later. Living through the first accidents is more important. Maybe it will never happen, lets hope it doesn't, but they are kids and they sometimes get into accidents even when they aren't at fault. They just don't have the experience to avoid situations as well as a person that has a 100,000 miles under their belt.

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
Well said frito!
I lost my bro to a freak accident, he wasn't even driving..no curve, no booze, no weather, no other car, just some speed nothing absurd..
My wife and I got T-boned by a drunk doing 80-100mph, big American iron and angels saved our a$$. Things like that affect your decisions and priorities forever..

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
My niece has been driving since her 16th birthday this past September. Since then, she's been in 5 accidents, all her fault.

2 were fairly minor fender-benders, 1 required $2400 in repairs, 1 totaled the car that was repaired, and finally last weekend she smashed her boyfriend's van. Still haven't heard if the van was totaled by the insurance company, but it was towed from the scene.

The good thing is that nobody was hurt in any of these accidents, but the bad thing is (IMO) that she never once received a ticket. She's got the cute, bubbly, gee-look-at-me-I'm-Sandra-Dee, thing going on, and can smile and flirt her way out of anything. I just hope she either gets some additional drivers training, or wises up before someone gets hurt.

The right car to get for a teen should be more about safety, building driver ability/confidence, and teaching financial responsibility than what "looks" hot.

...In defense of the red and gold Camaro Z-28 w/ T-tops I owned, complete with glovebox stuffed full of speeding tickets, I am older and wiser now.... and had my license suspended for a year.

And according to my insurance agent, the Audi is rated very high in safety/crash protection... ;)

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Keep in mind that this is all about fun and in no way meant to resemble a real decision making process used by an adult :-)

This is about day-dreaming and a 14 year old girl's dreams!

-jeffd

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Yea, cause if your girlfriend is anything like you Jeff, she'll go for the cheapest possible thing she can find <snicker snicker>

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
i cant take credit for this masterplan but here it is. a friend of mine was contemplating what to get his son. he decided he was going to get him a dunebuggy if he could talk his son into it. dad figured it had a roll cage. a volkswagen motor(limited top speed) two bucket seats and most importantly no air conditioning. dad figured that son would not want to drive it in the summer unless he had to due to the heat. wouldnt want to drive it in the winter much because it was cold and finally wouldnt drive it in the rain because he wouldnt want to get wet. if he did manage to crash there was the roll bar to keep him around. almost pulled it off...............

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Mud brown Checker with back seat removed. Fully equipped with dash-mounted webcam and fully functional GPS transmitter.

I own two teenage girls and I wish this was the vehicle I had them in. :)

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
I'd rule the jeep out. Short wheelbase makes them jump around on the road. My 1st car was a 71 plymouth fury 2 door with a 360. It looked nice, and was pretty safe. It was kinda fast. I pulled off a few stupid stunts with that car and I'm glad no one got hurt. I would be thinking safety if it was one of my 2 kids.

Joe Chief

Top Bottom