Wakedad

Feb 24, 2006
I'm having carb troubles and I think I'm going to get a new carb. What brand and size should I get? and does anyone know what the stock carb is, all I know is it's a mikuni tm. I not sure what mm. it is.

apb

Feb 1, 2005
Yeah, that should be a 38mm carb. My RMX came with the same carb, and I replaced it with a keihin pwk 38. It fit right in, and works so much better -- much easier to get the jetting right. Look on that auction site for used ones from bikes that came stock with this carb to save some $$.

Wakedad

Feb 24, 2006
Thanks for the info and advice... yeah I found out its a TM38SS... I read some tips on starting problems and found out my problem was I wasn't shaken' up my fuel before attemptemting to kick it over now that I'm starting it the right way it's firing up cold on two or three kicks so I'm going to stick with my mikuni for now. I think eventually I'll switch to the keihin pwk for now its running pretty sweet with the stock carb.I'm gonna save my cash for an fmf pipe and silencer as my next mod.

thanks again for the input

apb

Feb 1, 2005
Good to hear you got it figured out -- yeah, an aftermarket exhaust is a good idea. If you ride offroad, you might want to get a pipe guard like the carbon ones from e-line to protect that shiny new pipe with..

Wakedad

Feb 24, 2006
yeah.. I think that would be a good idea. My stock pipe has a few dents and dings that were already there when I got the bike so I don't know how much its effecting the performance but I'm sure a nice new straight pipe would work much better.

Top Bottom