FNG

May 2, 2008
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Believe it or not, AGAIN. I have an old friend, a pioneer in sled grass drags, and long time drag racer, dad of drag racers. He does not port or mod mx cylinders, anymore. Big Dale Creasy knows? The application is different and has no relation, except being a 2 stroke. All the big cc's, nitrous and what not, a moot point, PERIOD. A properly set up 125 can only be operated correctly by a few hundred people in the country. Try the drag sites or sled sites? Nice personal experience to say the least. But thats all it is, here. Even the race fuel doctor for Firepower will tell you, VERY different needs. Should I start comparing hoarder houses I deal with in plumbing to dirt bikers? Apples to water melons? Guy figuring at best, usually amounts to bs, I did not make that rule. AND I SURE WISH IT WAS OTHERWISE. Thats as far as that goes though, pretending to know. I already had my day seemingly in your boots. I WAS oem cast Bob, I WAS cut the liner out and slam the sleeve in, I WAS go ahead and put some nitro methane in there, I WAS lets port it pretty, and in 79 I WAS taking sleds to snow covered mx tracks, do you get the picture, yet? No more, and thank you objectively used common sense, and THE DRN! Can we move on, as a group, YET? Vintage Bob

Can we move on? Meaning what? Anybody with an opposing viewpoint is an assclown? No funny anecdotes or sly little cheap shots, just my experience and my opinion. A 2 stroke piston takes abuse, regardless of outside temperature.

Jesus, you act like these dirtbikes are wonder machines like no other in the universe. Lighten up "Forged Bob". Run what you want, spare me the monologue, a lot has changed since 1979, I was there too.

I do not like forged pistons, you do. If asked again, I will have the same answer as I am sure you will too.

Although I do run Wiseco wrist pins. HMMMM.

Last edited:

Eric Kropp

Mar 14, 2010
Are we still talking about pistons? I have no clue what any of the last three posts have to do with pistons. Maybe I'm the true vintage one....

Eric

Top Bottom