YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
You'll all be happy to know that the Conservation officer was out there writing tickets up left and right. When I got there people were riding all over hell. Lots of them without spark arrestors. Well they all got there's. :yeehaw:

One guy I talked to that just got his ticket and was bitching about it. He really didn't like it much when I told him that for the cost of that one ticket he could of gotten a FMF turbine core silencer. He went on to tell me that he always just runs from them. WHY. Why take that chance :coocoo:

Why is it so hard for people to understand. All you need to be legal is a spark arrestor and ORV sticker. That and stay on the trail. But nooo people have to be stupid. :bang:

Man people are idiots :bang:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
scared they'll lose 1/32 of a horsepower :think:

ive known some people to try and rig up homemade stuff or want to go without , i tell 'em to ride with someone else. i have to go a long way to ride. i'd rather not get hassled on the side of the trail for an hour, then when they have to go to the truck im riding alone

slow_joe

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 9, 2004
Well I ordered the parts to street legal the 450 Friday. No more worring about a CO for me. Parking lot racing with Digger Thursday really got junoirs speed up on the Cobra. He has really picked up his speed on our track around the house. You might has to bring him over some night.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Exactly I have no use for those that refuse to follow the rules when it comes to riding. Ok yea I have been known to ride off trail here and there. But usualy it is to get a broken bike, rider, or exhausted kid outta the woods.

But yea if ya aint got the basic equipment needed to ride offroad find someone else to ride with.

And yes Wolfy I know you aint totaly legal. But at least your working on the problem. Most dont/wont even do that.

Last edited:

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
YZMAN400 said:
Exactly I have no use for those that refuse to follow the rules when it comes to riding. Ok yea I have been known to ride off trail here and there. But usualy it is to get a broken bike, rider, or exhausted kid outta the woods.

But yea if ya aint got the basic equipment needed to ride offroad find someone else to ride with.

And yes Wolfy I know you aint totaly legal. But at least your working on the problem. Most dont/wont even do that.

Guess I better make that order, before our next ride then. ;) :ride:

mjbike

Dec 1, 2003
Glad they are out there enforcing the laws.
I too get frustrated with the small % of people in our sport that are ingorant or just plain idiots that seem to want to ruin the future of our sport!

J

jeeper33

I just purchased a yz426f...its got a full yosh exhaust pipe...wondering if anyone knows where i can get a spark arrestor and silencer for it..I dont want to take it on the trails til i have those things...and i want to go riding asap!

Thanks

I didnt mean to hijack the thread, but i figure those who know this will monitor these replies

thanks again

fizzle

~SPONSOR~
Apr 21, 2006
jeeper33 said:
"I just purchased a yz426f...its got a full yosh exhaust pipe...wondering if anyone knows where i can get a spark arrestor and silencer for it..I dont want to take it on the trails til i have those things...and i want to go riding asap!"
Check out Promoto Billet (click here) they make a "rivet-on" spark arresting endcap for thumper silencers. Not sure if it will fit a yosh silencer, but it will fit your stock silencer... All you have to do is drill the rivets out and pull out your old stock endcap and rivet on the new one...for about a third of the cost of buying a new spark-arresting silencer. I put it on my wife's 450F, it works great!

Last edited:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
The PMB S/A end caps are very loud unless you also buy the quiet core insert for another thirty bucks. With the quiet insert and fresk packing, my YZ250F is still pushing the legal limit.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
jeeper33 said:
I just purchased a yz426f...its got a full yosh exhaust pipe...wondering if anyone knows where i can get a spark arrestor and silencer for it..I dont want to take it on the trails til i have those things...a

The Pro Moto Billet end is good for a STOCK pipe. I'd be surprised if it fit your Yoshimura pipe.

I'd start right with Yoshimura and see if they make a spark arrestor and quiet core for the pipe you have. The have a lot of accessories for their line of pipes, and I'll bet they have what you need. Check out the Yoshimura site and see what you can get. If they don't let you order there, a dealer or mail order catalog is the next step.

Top Bottom