pro2k

Nov 7, 2002
You guys think the injury is BS? I haven't seen Reed ride so hard and good the entire year! Definitely no level 3 sep.......This lowers my repsect for Reed. He's turning into a dirty, whinning 3rd place player.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
pro2k said:
You guys think the injury is BS? I haven't seen Reed ride so hard and good the entire year! Definitely no level 3 sep.......This lowers my repsect for Reed. He's turning into a dirty, whinning 3rd place player.

And you have proof of this?

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
probably no proof, but i would say , exactly the same way the announcers said it..................miraclous recovery

"miraclous" is the key word

there are doctors around here, someone tell us if this seems right??

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
They said "level 3" no less than three times. Detroit was BY FAR the best he's ridden all year. RC was hangin it out, making multiple mistakes and Reed was right there. He should ride hurt all the time, lol.

BS. People that have had level 3's will tell ya that you can't even pee by yourself. You seriously believe this stuff?

Look at the PR. He goes from "can't keep up whiner" to super hero with nothing to lose, everything to gain ( He may not win, but he's an awesome racer with big heart")

PR stunt. :ahhh:

Oh yeah, RC an lie about not really trying to race james, but of course Reed can't be lying about this.

pro2k

Nov 7, 2002
No proof. Just looking at his past performance and this week at Detroit and I came to this conclusion. He was riding BETTER than a healthy Chad Reed of weeks past. I suppose he could of been seriously medicated and didn't feel any pain. I think he definitely hurt his shoulder but not as bad as he claims.

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
Doesn't a "level 3" separation mean there is a complete tear at the AC joint?

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
Okiewan said:
BS. People that have had level 3's will tell ya that you can't even pee by yourself. You seriously believe this stuff?
exactly , he even went down , got back up, and fought his way to almost making the main in his heat race.

he pumped his left fist in the air about 15 times on opening ceremonies, and his right one 4 times . i got the same feelinglast night as i do when someone is calling in sick and i know theyre not but cant prove it,

pro2k

Nov 7, 2002
:I think RC was thinking the same thing that's why he stuffed reed in the corner and just sat there a looked at him. HAHA

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
tony91 said:
Doesn't a "level 3" separation mean there is a complete tear at the AC joint?

Actually 3 ligaments are completely torn (disconnected). One is at ridge of shoulder and 2 others are at front of outer shoulder area. Whole shoulder socket area drops and makes injured limb hang lower than the other. Surgery is recomended only if you're a pitcher or quarterback........or an 18 year old girl who wants a "perfect" body. (injury leaves big bump thing on top of shoulder) Painful injury, but will heal and you'll be ok. I was "ok" to ride after about 4 months. (type III)

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
if it is possible hes had his arm rebuilt with chucktanium? i believe the injury ,if not .....sandbagger :|

147leeman

May 27, 2000
Anyone notice on tv before the start how chad is shaking his goggles out with his arms? Arms are well above his head...I've had a III separation over 2 years ago and definitely couldn't raise my arm at all from my side for months.

Sounds crazy but I've got the race on Tivo and counted about 5 times throughout the show that Chad can raise his arms above head level freely...Dr. Spencer must be as good as they say.

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
I heard they cut his arm off at the shoulder and have replaced it with a bionic arm that is a Yamaha prototype.

ellandoh, could you please provide me with the meaning of "sandbagger".

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I separated my right shoulder (type III) a couple years ago. Rode off the track, drove myself home (5 speed), unloaded the bike, drove myself to the ER, and got a sling and a pain pill. Went to the ortho surgeon 2 days later and he said "use it" and I was back on the bike in three weeks. No drugs, trainers, tape...nothing. It hurt pretty good the first couple days, but I wasn't taking anything for it either.

Granted, I am not a pro Sx rider, but with the condition these guys are in and the resources available to them, I have no doubt he has a grade III separation and we are getting a lot of drama from the broadcast and a few mindgames from the Yamaha rig. Think about it...if it weren't for Chad's shoulder, they would have to fill the air time with Krista hopping across whoops to show us how big they are.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
James said:
if it weren't for Chad's shoulder, they would have to fill the air time with Krista hopping across whoops to show us how big they are.
I want to see her lay down in the whoops while the rider blitz them to prove that the are really just skimming the tops. She, and her little piles of rocks, annoys me. If I were to hire such a stupid commentator, I would at least make sure she was good looking. I haven't been drunk enough yet this year to call her hot. Maybe once two years ago.

Sorry to jack the thread, but it had to be said.

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
I figure he probably did hurt his shoulder but the severity of the injury is probably not as bad as the media or Reed himself seems to be hyping it up. He hasnt had the Speed all season long to race with JS and RC so he shouldnt worry about having a crutch, we all know he isnt as fast as those guys. No shame on him he is still an amazing rider and the third fastest guy out there.

rodH

Aug 17, 2005
it is called a "Grade 3", yes, as was prevoiously mentioned, it is a complete tear (rupture) of all 3 supporting ligaments. I am highly suspicious after watching his latest performances.

btw, isn't "dr Spencer" a Chiropractor?

rodH

Aug 17, 2005
btw, you don't need a stupid MRI to know if it is a GIII, just look at the huge bump, just like you don't need an xray to diagnose a fracture, it you tibia is sticking out of your skin, if "Dr Spencer" didn't know the minute it happened that it was a GIII, I am even more suspicious of his license or the injury.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
rodH said:
b if "Dr Spencer" didn't know the minute it happened that it was a GIII, I am even more suspicious of his license or the injury.

I'm not an expert on Jeff Spencer's background but it's my understanding he's a trainer, not a Doctor. Was kind of interesting that Denny brought up the fact that this was a suspect tactic of Lance Armstrong/Jeff Spencer in the TDF as well.

*edit* Well a quick web search and your right he's a Doctor (Chiropractor) as you expected http://www.jeffspencer.com/ .

kelseybrent

Sep 25, 2002
I didn't understand the MRI comment either. The separation would be aparent from xrays, but I would guess with these guys they want to cover all the bases. A grade 3 usually doesn't get fixed, it just takes a while for the trauma and pain caused by it to go away. The more muscle you have surrounding and supporting the shouler the better the recovery. I'd say with the right shots to take away the pain it could be do-able.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
TheGrinch said:
I heard they cut his arm off at the shoulder and have replaced it with a bionic arm that is a Yamaha prototype.

ellandoh, could you please provide me with the meaning of "sandbagger".
And they then replaced it with a new one made of CHUCKTANIUM.

Actually I heard Chuck Norris is going to race the outdoors this year without any arms and is expected to show RC what real speed is

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
oldguy said:
Actually I heard Chuck Norris is going to race the outdoors this year without any arms and is expected to show RC what real speed is

Be afraid....be very afraid. :ohmy:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
There's a reason Chad Reed is able to ride with a Grade 3 shoulder seperation. Chad Reed is ten feet tall, weighs two-tons, breathes fire, and could eat a hammer and take a shotgun blast standing.

B

biglou

Chad Reed had a heart attack that lasted four days, one day for each chamber. When they performed the autopsy, his heart looked like a basketball filled with ricotta cheese.

Top Bottom