nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Chili Cookoff?

Maybe this has been discussed before... but how about a Chili Cookoff one night at DW? I wanna taste some good ole Texas Chili! Plus maybe it'll give some of the non-riding ladies something to do for a few hours. Count me in for cooking up a pot of chili.

We could do something like tasters pay $1-$2 for a bowl and a ballot then they go around tasting each chili and vote their top 3 or 5 or whatever. All proceeds to go back to the winners.

So... what do you guys think?

< ADMIN EDIT: This is Official! Nikki is in charge and will lay down the rules. >

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I'm game as a taste tester. :thumb: The only kind of chili I know how to make is the Hormel chili. :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Please do not use the words; "Hormel" and "Chili" in the same sentence.
Thank you.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by MrLuckey
I'm all for some good tejas chili if any of those guys can make it hot enough :yeehaw:

The pantless one claims to be some kind of chili savant.
You better request Brownie to have a stainless steel porta can brought in because those plastic ones would melt after some Patman chili! Keep in mind Edwardo this isn't tofu and bean soup with tomatoes cooked in a teflon pan and served in a styrofoam bowl. We're talking real man stuff here made of meat, spices, more meat, some really hot spices, more meat and some sauce cooked in cast iron with a scorched wooden spoon. It's done when the spoon stands up.You might start trainning your innards now by eating some garden fresh jalapinos with a tobasco chaser and work up to about a dozen Thai peppers with 5 drops of Habinaro sauce in each eye, then grasshopper you MIGHT be ready. :p

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by Patman

You better request Brownie to have a stainless steel porta can brought in because those plastic ones would melt after some Patman chili! Keep in mind Edwardo this isn't tofu and bean soup with tomatoes cooked in a teflon pan and served in a styrofoam bowl. We're talking real man stuff here made of meat, spices, more meat, some really hot spices, more meat and some sauce cooked in cast iron with a scorched wooden spoon. It's done when the spoon stands up.

Don't forget Oh Gripless Wonder... You need to have some flavor in that chili. Any tardstain could throw a bunch of peppers and cow meat into a pot and call it good. :laugh: You gotta have talent to make a good chili.

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
That's right no real chili would go without beans. Also be sure to add lots of veggies and garnishes.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
You might start trainning your innards now by eating some garden fresh jalapinos with a tobasco chaser and work up to about a dozen Thai peppers with 5 drops of Habinaro sauce in each eye, then grasshopper you MIGHT be ready. :p

You forget oh pantless one, I lived in Houston for 5 yrs and the company I worked for had one of them 'cookun teams'. Used to go to all those cook-offs and I haven't seen a chili I couldn't eat two bowls of and not even flinch yet. If it doesn't make you sweat it's not even getting close. Ever try any Dave's Insanity Sauce? :laugh: Oh I have a cast iron stomach, bring it on my southun friend :yeehaw:

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
We're talking real man stuff here made of meat, spices, more meat, some really hot spices, more meat and some sauce cooked in cast iron with a scorched wooden spoon. It's done when the spoon stands up.You might start trainning your innards now by eating some garden fresh jalapinos with a tobasco chaser and work up to about a dozen Thai peppers with 5 drops of Habinaro sauce in each eye, then grasshopper you MIGHT be ready. :p

I was ready to criticise(sp) but you even use a cast iron pot......oh well pantless one.....you better practice and be on top of your game, coz you will meet defeat at the hands of a damn yankee :p :) :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Sounds like Sr. & Twinklespork make the same kind of veggie soup with a pinch of chili powder and call it the real deal. Beans do not chili make.

Eddie I have no doubt you can eat it, heck look at all the other crud you have eaten! Boca burger, Boca pizza, Boca dogs, what's next Boca beer?! :scream: It's just the after burn that's might bring tears to your eyes :eek:

Greenknob anybody that mentions Hormel & chili in the same breath shouldn't be talking about "taste" unless they are refering to Alpo.

Okie..... :|

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Sounds like Sr. & Twinklespork make the same kind of veggie soup with a pinch of chili powder and call it the real deal.

I forecast a very HOT!!!! autumn in Oklahoma Patty....sounds like the gauntlet has been thrown down and I am most definitely up to it. :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

If you like......you can call it veggie soup or anything else you want.........AFTER you catch your breath :p :p

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Originally posted by TwinSpar
Don't forget the beans

This is promising to be a very memorable event! :p

May I suggest that this event is held after the evening meeting under the big-top? It is inevitable that a "Just-Spent-The-Last-Hour-At-A-Chili-Cookoff" Gas Off will follow, but I think there may be some attendees who would protest.

Maybe we can convene in GSR's camp for the procedings. Even better, we hold it in her motorhome. It'll be the biggest Dutch Oven ever. Somebody should call Guinness.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
I am really looking forward to the DW campfires, but now I'm starting to have images of JG's interview for Flame Forum Moderator...........

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Guess I'll need to bring about 5 pounds of good ol' Texas beef (some Bambi would be REALLY nice) and the makins' for a batch along with a 1 pound chocolate bar.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Just remember to bring a "biggern Dallas" size helping of "Damn that boy don't even sweat when eating my chili" awards or apoligies as I ride for 10 hours the next day without so much as a whisper of a memory of your watered down Texas swill you call HOT chili :laugh:

"Cover the women and children boys, this is gonna get ugly"

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
This is gonna be like a Blazing Saddles outtake. :scream:

Ed - LMAO!

Top Bottom