or not and how many gas stops or availables. My son
will be riding in it and I need some info to help
plan his ride.

Thanks

KDXfile

~SPONSOR~
Dec 6, 1999
Randy,
There won't be a short course cut-off. There are 2 loops to ride with the gas stop in the middle that will be behind the clubhouse. I haven't checked the exact mileage but plan on about 25 mi. each.

I'll be there working checks.

larosche

Apr 20, 2000
I'll be there. I will not be on row zero. Clanton always does a number on me when I am on row zero, so I am riding on a later row.
RAD DAD

RanMan

May 22, 2002
Thanks....should be a good race. The last time I rode
there (HS) everything was under water and the creeks
were rivers. This will be my second enduro at Clanton.
Took me 2 years to get over the first.....lol

See ya'll there

Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
I will be there with the "I am going to get my ass handed to me" look on my face! Ready for the pain. Why do I like this stuff I don't know.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Bandit9 said:
I will be there with the "I am going to get my ass handed to me" look on my face! Ready for the pain. Why do I like this stuff I don't know.

You're already married... you're used to it and you like the pain. Then there's others like me who use it as training for our up-coming weddings. :bang:

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
I'm working on going. Not sure how or when, but I am pretty sure I'll be there. This is due in part to waiting to see if Mrs. Lawman wants to go.

Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
Actually Randy, my marriage is awesome. It was rough the first 3 years, but the last 4 have been really great. Enduro's will prepare you for the "never give up" phase of marriage. I am glad I didn't give up, b/c I am very happy with my wife in my life. I hope it works out for you like it did for me. Look forward to seeing you Saturday afternoon. What row are you on?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I just heard a couple of Midwest fast guys are headed to Clanton from the Ohio/Michigan area. If you see a white box van with a checkered flag design on the side, stop by and say HI to Leroy and Cody. If there is a good looking woman driving the van, be careful, she used to ride in the A 200 class and will be looking to zero the next spectator spot.

sharp

Sep 30, 2001
Timr said:
Cool! I hope they like tight, technical, goat trails... :)

Tim its been awhile since you've been there. It is now wide, sweeping, smooth, no roots, no ruts, no rocks, no hills, etc. Just put in 4th and pin it. :debil:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
sharp said:
Tim its been awhile since you've been there. It is now wide, sweeping, smooth, no roots, no ruts, no rocks, no hills, etc. Just put in 4th and pin it. :debil:

I guess I should get out more often. I thought I had riden every mile of what they have down there. When did they put in the highways? Makes me want to get a quad and strap on a cooler of beer! :laugh:

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Who's back? How did everybody fare? I finished.... went to the trailer and fell out on the ground doing my best immitation of a beached carp flailing on the ground trying to get up. Severe case of heat exhaustion. I didn't stay for the scores so I am not real sure how I did. I felt pretty good at the gas, then hit "the wall" on the re-start after the gas about 10 miles in the second loop and went in to survival mode. I finished. I am happy.... just waiting for the results to be posted on SERA site now to see how I faired.

Randy

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
No need in waiting Motohead. You got third. I got to hit the same exact wall. I dry heaved in a test and ended up the winner!!!!!! :aj: :laugh: :laugh: :yeehaw: :eek:

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Congrats John,

You told me to back it down a bit at the gas stop cuz I was leading you then... :nener: so there you go, you got your wish ;) I am not sure what happened. Just got so hot and tired and then it was over for me. When went to sit down at the trailer I passed out for a minute and fell on the ground. When I tried to stand, I could hardly get up :ugg: Royce told me to come sit in the shade and then I tried to get up and started stumbling like a drunk, so Royce started yelling for Doctor Mike.

By then I was hyper-ventilating. They got me stripped down to my shorts and in the trailer in the air-conditioning and started hosing me down where I started trying to give up what I had consumed during the day :uh: It was not a pretty sight for me. Oh well, there is always next time.

sharp

Sep 30, 2001
motohead00 -

I'm glad you finished. I quit at the gas for I knew what was in store for me if I didn't - of which, you described perfectly. I was parked next to a group from Lafayette. Was that you? I was in a black ford F150 w/KTM250. I started smacking trees on the jeep trail back to the gas and knew something was NOT right.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Yup, that was us. We had the black box trailer right beside you. I was the bald guy riding the 300 KTM. I noticed that you were gone when I finished the second loop and pulled up to the trailer.

Glad you are home safe. :cool:

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
These events are only a gut test. Each time my gut go's out and says try again another day.
Randy you had a good run. I sat on the seat the entire time after the gas. I figured you were still pullling. There were some fun trails in there somewhere though.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
It got to me, too. I started getting woozy in the next to last section, so I packed it in at the check before the last 6 or 7 miles. I could have finished, but I had to drive home by myself, so I decided that "discretion was the better part of valor." Had to pull over & take a nap as it was. It sure was a well-marked, well-run enduro, & a nice job of using the land they had.

Congratulations to you, boys! See you at the Train Robber, I'll be working that 1.

skabeeb

Nov 28, 2001
No doubt, it was a kicker!!!

I bailed-out with about 15 miles to go...

That's still further than I have ever gone at Clanton though!!

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
skabeeb said:
No doubt, it was a kicker!!!

I bailed-out with about 15 miles to go...

That's still further than I have ever gone at Clanton though!!
I rode Clanton last year for the first time in all the mud. I bailed after check ten, so I made it further this year than ever too! :yeehaw:

I told the check crew last year if I continued on in the woods that someone was going to be hauling me out and it almost happened again this year. :eek:

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
I think I would have made it through the woods faster if someone was haulin me. The first few sections the rythm was cool. By about the 5th, it was time to go home.
After the gas, a guy at the reset told me 20 miles to go. It felt like 40.
The end had never been so welcomed. Finally a true 100 mile enduro is what it felt like.
Congrats everyone, I saw people calling it a day at the 1st reset. If only they could press on and make it to the second. :bang:
My body still tells me it was a hard day yesterday. :debil:
Whatever the mileage was. It was about 20 more than what I could handle.

Top Bottom