knowiam

~SPONSOR~
Oct 17, 2006
High Lord Gomer said:
I personally don't know anything about any of this, but my mother did find something (potentially) valuable when cleaning out her attic the other day. In one of my boxes were a couple of old baseball cards, including one a Barry Bonds in his rookie year. Anybody know what this might be worth?http://themxtrack.com/BarryBondsRookieCard.jpg
:rotfl: Oh, how I love this site...you made my day!
Ken [looking for a towel to clean up the keyboard]

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I bet that card is worth at least a few dozen vials of decca or andro! :)

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
kylee said:
Let's see...You've given me such a moral challenge.

Here's the way I see your choice rickyd: be a democrat who supports a republican's wife failed campaign that tells kids to don't bother starting drugs, they are bad for you?

Or, be an athlete who hands my niece a pack of cigs, perhaps a syringe or a bottle of andro, maybe buy her a stolen motorcycle and pretend that since it was "purchased" from the guy who "obtained it" it's not stolen goods, despite a story that seems to suggest something that smells, and I don't mean a sweaty jersey??

Guess I'd sell my democratic soul to Nancy Reagan's failed campaign on drugs than the alternative.

But hey, you do what you want. "It's all good." Yuppers. :rotfl:

Like I said earlier, It is just a simple congratulations. You seem like you have hurt feelings, go find another topic.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
jeffd said:
So back to my statement.....

rickyd, would you be so quick to support your favorite MX racer if you and the AMA discovered that they had used a cheater over-bore engine kit and illegal racing fuel? By your logic it shouldn't really matter since they are still racing and doing the riding. If this racer was winning and had used these illegal elements would you be OK with that? It is just a little competitive advantage, right? :whoa:

In essence, that is what is going on here with Bonds. The man JUICED - plain and simple. Now he is reaping the rewards of his illegal substance abuse and he is about to land on the pages of the record books (with a *) and yet you applaud these actions. I truly do not get it.... :coocoo:

I cheer for RC, he was caught w/illegal fuel. Did he knowingly use it? Doubt it. Did Barry knowingly use a cream that had steroids? Doubt it.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
rickyd said:
I cheer for RC, he was caught w/illegal fuel. Did he knowingly use it? Doubt it. Did Barry knowingly use a cream that had steroids? Doubt it.

:coocoo: yeah, riiiiggghhht. keep sippin' that kool aid mister. oh, by the way ... i have some ocean-front property for sale in arizona - you interested???

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
jeffd said:
:coocoo: yeah, riiiiggghhht. keep sippin' that kool aid mister. oh, by the way ... i have some ocean-front property for sale in arizona - you interested???[/QUOTE

Right on Barry :cool:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
kylee said:
L
Or, be an athlete who hands my niece a pack of cigs, perhaps a syringe or a bottle of andro, maybe buy her a stolen motorcycle and pretend that since it was "purchased" from the guy who "obtained it" it's not stolen goods, despite a story that seems to suggest something that smells, and I don't mean a sweaty jersey??
Do you even know WTF you say?

GO see a shrink, you need it :cool:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
dude let it go. no one cares. his "record breaking" ball will not fetch too much $$$ because it is tainted and everyone but you seems to know this. even w/out the steroid controversy, bonds is just an *sshole. everyone is just waiting for this to be over so A-rod will know what his mark is. he will destroy 'roid man's "legacy".

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
One thing I am curious about is that everyone wants to crucify Bonds for steroid use when it has just been allegations but those same people sing Lance Armstrongs praises and he is faced with the same allegations.

I personally could give a rats patootey about baseball and bonds but I do find the paradox between BB and LA amusing.

Ivan

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
truespode said:
One thing I am curious about is that everyone wants to crucify Bonds for steroid use when it has just been allegations but those same people sing Lance Armstrongs praises and he is faced with the same allegations.

I personally could give a rats patootey about baseball and bonds but I do find the paradox between BB and LA amusing.

Ivan
well, if I recall correctly, Bonds is something of an a-hole, while Armstrong seems a rather genial fellow.

And Armstrong's hat size hasn't doubled in the last 5 years.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
MrLuckey said:
and Armstrong wasn't @ the center of a grand jury investigation.

He has been investigated by more agencies worldwide than BB has.

Bonds has been accused of using steroids with less allegations than LA has against him.

And LA is not known for being genial.

I think both have doped. It doesn't bother me either way though. They, of all people, know the risks and if they are willing to accept it then fine. IMO, Bonds being a steroid freak is about as pertinent to the record as Babe Ruth being an alcoholic. The same goes for LA. Heck, at one time cyclists smoked b/c they believed it opened their lungs. I know that there is an argument that Alcohol and cigarettes didn't enhance like PED's but the bottom line is they all used something that was a detriment to their health "thinking" it helped them in one way or another.

In my opinion, LA is just as bad as BB and BB's record is just as great as LA's, so I don't think we should congratulate only one nor should be vilify only one. The only difference between the two is the sports they play and one has less allegations (BB has less allegations than LA does).

Having said that, baseball is such a boring sport that it shouldn't be considered in any type of recognition anymore than the top shuffleboard champ in the under 80 class should be.

Ivan

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
truespode said:

Ivan

Some believe these allegations unfortunately. I find it interesting that Bonds has hired attorneys to basically sue anybody that make these allegations. Seems as if he knowingly did, he would not want to pursue this in court.

As for Bonds being and ***hole, I could care less, I watch to see him perform and play ball, reminds me of Bob Hannah :cool:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
jeffd said:
dude let it go. no one cares. his "record breaking" ball will not fetch too much $$$ because it is tainted and everyone but you seems to know this. even w/out the steroid controversy, bonds is just an *sshole. everyone is just waiting for this to be over so A-rod will know what his mark is. he will destroy 'roid man's "legacy".

Doesn't the IRS want to collect over $200k for the ball? Here's a news link for you to read. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20186528/ :nod:

I hope A-Rod does break it.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
bonds_indictment.gif

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/1115072bonds1.html
http://www.nbc11.com/news/14608788/detail.html

My my....
Looks like we may now get to see just what boll weevil ate the cabbage.

Justice, or railroad job? :blah:

(*)

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Anybody can be accused. GOing to be hard to prove he knowingly took them, if he did take them :)

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I think all professional athletes should do whatever they gotta do.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 69
Top Bottom