Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
It’s been ages since we had the crew together for a ride so I thought maybe December 17th or 18th might be a good time. Since Ill be done with school for the Christmas break, I thought this would be a good time to see if you guys would be interested in a group ride :ride: before year end. It’s been eons since I’ve seen the likes of most of you and now might be a good time. I was thinking we could either do Stoddard, to keep it close for most of you or Cougar Buttes or somewhere else. I would say we could do Gorman but that would be too far for me on Sat but if that was the census I could do that on Sunday.

Anyone interested?

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
I dont know the Cal City area that well, but if someone is willing to show us the area Im game for anything. If distance is a problem for anyone then Stoddard (aka Bell Mountain) is even closer for the LA or OC people. Im in to learning a new area if everyone want to do a Cal City ride.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Just before Christmas is very busy for me and I have gotten the pass to ride for 3 out of 4 recent weekends. I am off between Christmass and New years, so I could even do a midweek???? I know the cougar butes/ soggy area pretty good to lead some rides there. I would also be up for some Jawbone action or Cal city, but I have no trail knowledge there.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
I would be up for a ride. Cal City around Camp B has too many "beware of desert tortoise" signs, but if KX knows better, I'm game.

Let's make a group ride somewhere work. Booda is right, we have all been busy for way too long, and the Socal board has been quiet for months. I have not seen a post from KTMboy,RMjeff,Private Joker, and many others for quite some time. And the new guys like Cspine I have not met yet. Let's make it happen.

KX2fitty

Mar 30, 2004
Let's go ride Cal City area. I know the area well and there are some great trails up there, one of my absolute favorite places to ride. We could ride out to Randsburg for lunch; a loop from Cal City staging to Randsburg and back is about 50 miles. Totally good ride.

I vote for Cal City / Randsburg but I'm up for anything. Let's establish a date.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Im open for either 17 or 18th. It is stsrting to sound like the 17th might be the better date. KX is the riding out by Cal City like Trona? Like I said Im game for anything but I definately want to ride at an area that everyone want to ride at and wont not go because its too far.

KX2fitty

Mar 30, 2004
It's not far from Trona, similiar terrain. Ya, if everyone wants to go somewhere else that's cool. For anyone who has not ridden into Randsburgh it's a cool experience and ride. So the 17th sounds better to me too.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
:(
Unfortunately neither of those days is gonna be good for me ... wherever you decide to go, at least make sure I get a good ride report out of it please !

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Ok the 17th then, unless anyone has an objection. Eric be great to have you out riding with the crew if you can make it. Thumbs, Kelso and 2Stroke you up for Cal City or something different? Be great to see more of the crew if possible.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Its been so long since my last dirt outing that Im not even sure if I still know how to ride...seriously. I have been working in San Diego on the weekends. If we dont go down that weekend I will come out. Unfortunately I wont know until sometime next week.

Stupid question but roughly how far is Cal City?

Has anyone checked out Cleghorn since it reopened?

Jeff

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Thumbs, hopefully you can make it out. Chris, we will miss you bro but Im sure Ill see you at the next enduro. Jeff, we almost gave you up as dead. Heck, last time I saw you, you were riding with the son out at Stoddard if I remeber correctly.

As for Cal City, its probably around 45 minutes pass the Cajon Pass. Never ridden out at Cal City so not too sure what to expect but have definately been out to Randsburg. I know the rideges pretty well but havent been up there in ages. As for Stoddard, well thats in my neck of the woods so I know it pretty well.

KX2fitty

Mar 30, 2004
If youv'e been out to Randsburgh then you have seen the Cal-City arrea of Mojave. Tons of great desert riding from totally chill to very difficult. It's fun too because you can mix up the riding with some open dez and some rocky, techical hilly stuff. The views are great too, especially up on the ridge overlooking the Keough Dry Lake bed. Also, the watering holes in Randsburgh and Johanasburgh are a good halfway point.

We could even go ride out to the Husky Monument if enough of us have tanks.

You know, there is tons of good riding around there, we could go hit Red Rock, Dove Springs, Spangler Hills, Jawbone... to mane a few. I say let's do something different, let's go to Red Rock or Spangler or something... Or Cal City is good or...

We should decide either way.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Man, and I thought trying to get my relatives together for a day was tough. :bang: Kelso, you up for Cal City ride?

BTW, what's the story on Ol89er or Elk, I havent seen them in ages.

Also, Jeff and Joker you coming with us or do I need to bribe your families in order to get you a day pass? :fft: I might have one other person coming along for the ride so that probaly makes one more.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Since I am not going, I will decide where the party is. :boss:

Cal City

There, its done. :laugh:

I feel like I am missing out on a family reunion, except with family I like and doing somthing more fun than standing around a pole letting everyone know how disapointed we are in everyone. :rotfl:

Happy Festivus!

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Thanks Chris, its good to have you make the decision for us even when you arent going. :nener: Good thing we have ya around to make the tough decisions :boss: OK so be it, as said earlier, Saturday, Cal City is the place. Just think Chris, we will be out riding and having a blast while you get to sit around doing chores around the house and rubbing elbows with the relatives. Man I want to trade places with you since you get all the fun. (((Not))) :moon: Ok Im teasing ya here but will miss seeing you out there with us.

OK KX2fitty, you da man, what time and where in Cal City?

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Wish I was going, but gotta pay to play. :nod: but I dont pay much I have chores on the list that are way overdue.

What about between Christmas & New Year? anyone available?

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Boodac said:
Also, Jeff and Joker you coming with us or do I need to bribe your families in order to get you a day pass? :fft: I might have one other person coming along for the ride so that probaly makes one more.

All depends on work

I will put on the big tank and have the bike ready....just in case

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom