headbanger

May 7, 2000
What is the terrain like at Lake Draper "Crosstimbers"?
Hills,rocks,clay???
Is it single track or ATV trails?
We may be in the area next weekend.
Thanks!

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
The mx track is dusty, slick, hard packed clay. The trails have a lot of sand, and mostly soft clay and moist dirt. There is both atv and single track trails. We rode the single track this last weekend and it is pretty rough riding. Not technical, just really potholed and rutted up. The atv tracks are pretty good. You can really throw your bike into the burms, they are built up pretty well. There is a large grass track in the back that is, I'm guessing, about a 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 mile grass track that you can really open it up on. The trail system is pretty level, there is slight elevation change but it's pretty small.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
If you have the chance to be in this area and you are down for some more technical, exerting riding, then I'd suggest going south of OKC about 70 miles to Crossbar Ranch in Davis, Oklahoma. There are absolutely tons of trails, and they are alot more technical. There's plenty of rocks, hill climbs (you are either climbing or descending for most of the trails,) creek crossings, and just good riding throughout. Here's the address for their website:

www.crossbarranch.com

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Crossbar is very good, although (depending on the weather) some of the creek crossings can be quite high. Make sure and stay on the trail, could get off quite easily. After prefacing that, Crossbar is one of places I truly enjoy riding. I ride crosstimbers regularly, and there isnt much elevation in the terrain. Stll pretty good fun.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
The creeks have taken myself, as well as all of my riding buddies, out. Make sure you have a spare spark plug and a trail kit to be able to pull off your carb and drain it out if you happen to go down in the water. That stupid little fanny pack filled with tools, that we always make fun of our friend for having, has saved us more than enough times out there. I wish they would build a mx track out there, but the trails are great...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom