Do you have any unique rituals you do when you ride?

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
JPIVEY said:
This is more habit than ritual, but, I never sleep the night before a race or ride, race weekend I get to sleep about 2am and wake up at 4am, off weekends ( no ride or race ) I do the same thing, you would think after 35 yrs I wouldn't be acting like a kid on Xmas eve, but that's just the way it is, come Sunday evening though, as soon as I walk in the house, I hit the floor gear and all and I'm out for hrs

My wife laughs at me, Mon-Fri I can't get my a$$ out of bed, come the weekend I can't get my a$$ into bed

I'm not alone........thank god. YZ165

B

biglou

I always get on from the left side. I always leave my left glove off so I can feel the left radiator for warmth before I ride off. I also blip the throttle a lot and immediately squeeze the front brake with my index finger when I'm warming up (2stroke or 4stroke, doesn't matter).

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
I won't ride with a helmet that doesn't have a scatch on it somewhere. I'd rather put the scratch on without my head in it.

I occasionally talk dirty to my bike, not as dirty as I talk to the gf, but dirty all the same. ;)

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
I wont go riding if i forget my fannypack! Meaning, we have gone home and cancelled riding because I forgot the tool pack. Lunch is ALWAYS at 10:30 in the woods, and we eat MRE's.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
biglou said:
I always get on from the left side. I always leave my left glove off so I can feel the left radiator for warmth before I ride off. I also blip the throttle a lot and immediately squeeze the front brake with my index finger when I'm warming up (2stroke or 4stroke, doesn't matter).

Lou, I thought that you had a ritual that involved a bar of soap and a tub of yogurt. Or is that another ritual?

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
I get up, get dressed, then go to the garage and get my bike ready. Then I remember that I sold my pickup and my bike will not (I have tried) fit in the back of a Cavalier. So I go back inside and do what I do best....

and yes, it involves yogurt and a bar of soap.

cr250can

Feb 16, 2005
thunder33 said:
I get up, get dressed, then go to the garage and get my bike ready. Then I remember that I sold my pickup and my bike will not (I have tried) fit in the back of a Cavalier. So I go back inside and do what I do best....

Buy a cheap trailer and a trailer hitch for the cavalier. I use to pull me bike around with my corsica.

Which reminds me of an old ritual, that involved driving to the track and sit real low so no one saw my face as I pulled in then I hunted for a secluded parking spot and hoped no one remember that my bike pulled in bihind my car. :bang:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
thunder33 said:

No excuses. . . <-*click*

I think you prefer the yogurt and soap. :nod:

theturbojosh

Apr 13, 2004
hey thunder33 I also have found that a yogurt and granola enema seems to help me relax before a big race :moon: just kidding colon road is one way street and you get shot if you git caught goin the wrong direction :pissed:

Top Bottom