Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
UPDATE: If you'd like a DRN Email address (a real POP account), indicate so here. Your email will be "yourscreenname@dirtrider.net". I will set it up, and PM you the log-in info (username and password) as well as supply a link that will allow you to check it over the web. Note: You can also set this email up in your email client, just like any other email.

I will ask that if you don't intend to make use of the email, don't ask for it, lol. It takes time to set them up.

We've discovered an issue with the webmail program since the server move (folders are missing in the program).

We've always had a problem with the email program from the server side. Many webmasters are removing it from their servers for performance and bug issues. It is a server killer, for more reasons than one.

We are currently considering different packages to offer.We may in fact just offer STM's full-on pop3 email accounts that will allow you to receive email in your email client (if you wish) or over a webmail like interface.

Please stand-by for more information.

BTW: I was able to send and receive email with the current program, even though it appears some of the folders are missing.

Last edited:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I gave up on it. Too unreliable.

:bang:

gumby1

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2002
Yes, I want my DRN Mail back up and running. Please do what you need to do to repair it and get my folders back.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
ericgorr @ dirtrider.net is one of Eric's main accounts for customers, but a POP3 account would certainly be preferred for him and me on my rich @ dirtrider.net addy.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Bob,

If you go to a POP account i'd use it. I never have in the past but always thought about it. I have a spare POP3 account that i could get rid of. That would same me $5 per month.

Thanks.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I have setup pop3 email accounts for everyone one that has requested one in this thread. I PM'd your account/log-in info.

Please refer to your email program for instructions on how to set-up a new email account.

If you want to use a web interface to connect to your email account, go to http://dirtrider.net/webmail and type in the account and password I sent you. Note; the "SquirrelMail" version is the best, followed by NeoMail. Horde is junk.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
gumby1 said:
Yes, I want my DRN Mail back up and running. Please do what you need to do to repair it and get my folders back.

I had hoped you read this post. The email you are asking me to fix will NOT be fixed. If you would like a pop account to use with your email software (outlook, etc), let me know.

Again:

The email program that has been used for webmail will NOT be continued, it can not be fixed

This is due to incompatibility with updated server software. I will not downgrade the entire server operating system to run that single program. The author of the program suggests nothing will be done to fix it.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I'd like a POP account as well, with web access only please.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Mine is all set up & appears to work well! :cool:
Anything I need to do to get rid of the old DRN mail?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Okiewan said:
Note: to use your new pop account over the web interface: http://dirtrider.net/webmail
(Squirrel is the best, most reliable interface)
Please include me in the squirrelly category.

Thanksk, Okie! :ride:

Last edited:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Is this like the old software? The one where you couldn't use a pop3 client if you used the web based tool. Access via both would be mondo cool!

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
SQUIRRELS? Oh heeeeeeeell no. They can't be trusted!!! :bang:

No rush on setting mine up, but I would like it as dirty_d [at] dirtrider.net. Thanks. :cool:

Top Bottom