DYDR Paragon Fall Ride & Trail work

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
We have to work Friday, but we're planning on being there Saturday AM.

Will there still need to be work done on the trails Saturday, or should we just work on burning them in? ;)

We have some toenail clippers for clearing the brush, enduro-style. :)

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
PK, I didnt get antying from you so I sent you one. Last time I cleared trails I put the chain saw in my moose back pack. It has a draw string and clips instead of a zipper so I put the gas ax in blade up and tried to secure it so as to not have it take my head off while riding. I experimented with just using a tie down to sling it on my back but that did not work so well :yikes: .

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
I should be there Sunday Maybe you could show me that hill you were talking about. Have you ever tried going up the hill that comes out about half-way on Turtle? I've gone down it in the past but last weekend we ran up it, took tries but we did it. It was sweet after dodging the first couple of big rocks.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
gtrinkler said:
Have you ever tried going up the hill that comes out about half-way on Turtle? I've gone down it in the past but last weekend we ran up it, took tries but we did it. It was sweet after dodging the first couple of big rocks.

You should try that one with wet leaves on the ground. Treejumper and I did that trail with the ATVs right after it was cut...I dont remember idf we hit it with the bikes the same day or not, but I have had the bike up it many times...fun trail :aj:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
jerry and sons said:
Got a buddy who who wants to bring a quad on Saturday. Anyone else bringing a quad?

A lot of the trails we ride, you cant fit a quad on. Tell your friend if he needs 4 wheels to get a bike with training wheels, then he can follow us :laugh:

Oct 13, 2005
Scooter that is my thoughts exactly but I can not convience him that two is better than four. I think he is scared since he dumped my yz in an open field :laugh:

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Papakeith said:
LOL, one trip through the paragon rocks and he's hackin on a buddy! I like it :)

Actually.. the funny thing is that this was Jerry's first 2 wheeled trip through Paragon.. The first trip was on 4 wheels!!1

Jerry.. tell your buddy to bring it on up.. I will most likely have my quad there too for one of my buddy's so we'll make sure he always has someone to follow! ;)

The more the merrier I always say!!

:aj:

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
PS:

I just checked out the weather for this weekend....

Friday: Mostly Sunny - 43*/27*
Saturday: SUNNY - 51*/35*
Sunday: Partly Cloudy - 56*/41*

looks like a PERFECT weekend for a DYDR Fall ride..

Hazleton is supposed to get some showers tomorrow which should cut down on the dust factor as well!! :aj:

I have an idea.. why don't we all go to Paragon and ride our dirtbikes this weekend!!!!! WOO HOO!!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I"m in.

and I just got the confirmation from Dave Rothwell that he is going too. You remember him, the one who met head on with a tree last time :)

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
jerry and sons said:
Dave, sounds good, still looking to roll out at 9:30?

I have just made one minor change to my plan.. looks like I will be coming out Friday night as well, so yes, 9:30-10am is our target start (hit the trails) time!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Are you guys riding somewhere this weekend?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
scooter1130 said:
Are you guys riding somewhere this weekend?
Good question. I plan on working all day Friday and my riding will most likely consist of riding to the work zone. I assume there will be orange cones set up for safety sake.

I assume we are still planning on getting started on the trail work at 9:30 Friday morning, right? I should be rolling in by 9:00 and plan on being mostly dressed when I get there. I don't care to strip down in 30 degree weather :yikes: Check in, unload bike, put on boots and helmet, go ride.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'm planning on riding Sat, and maybe briefly in the afternoon on Friday. If the work goes well that is :).

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Well i'm in for friday only. I'll be there by 9am and have to head back home that evening. See you guys tomorrow! :aj:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Im in. Ill TRY to be there for 9:30 Friday AM. If not, Scooter where do you plan to start working? I plan to stay until Sunday, maybe catch Trigger for an AM ride?
PK is Dave staying with us? Tell him to bring his own meds this time too! :nener:

Oh yeah, I got the beaterZ 250 and the RT 100 up there if someone needs a bike. The beaterZ is free for the beating but you gotta answer to my girl if you scratch the RT :pissed:

Top Bottom