davisracing

Sep 8, 2004
i have a 2002 cr250r and i had no spark i took it down to the local shop and they told me that it was the alternator assembly they gave me a moose part #2102-0005 but i can not find it on the internet was wondering if anyone can help and maybe tell me what it does and how hard it is to replace thanx

davisracing

Sep 8, 2004
thanx for the info they told me that they werent sure if the flywhell needs to be changed also i can get the whole flywheel assembly from service honda for 240 should i get the whole thing or just get the moose part and does it just bolt on easy thanx

reelrazor

Jun 22, 2004
The flywheel is not likely to need changing. Spend money on the proper flywheel puller instead. Removing the flywheel is the only tricky/stubborn part of the job if you don't have the puller. The ignition timing really should be verified after installing a new stator. That takes a timing light with an inductive pickup and a auxiliary battery to power it. If you have ever used a timing light on a car engine, that is pretty straightforward and shouldn't pose any trouble.

Electrex also makes a stator with a lighting coil for that bike in case you ever wanted a headlight/taillight.

Top Bottom