wysguy

Apr 5, 2008
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important) - 5'8" 175 lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? - Moderately
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ? - mainly trails initially moving to track for fun eventually. Mainly with family friends.
4) Do you have any riding experience? - Limited. I haven't ridden in about 10 years.
5) Do you think you will race ? Only with friends or for fun. Not competitively.
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? - Yes
7) Do YOU have a preference to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? - No preference
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? - the big 5 are within driving distance
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? - that depends on how long I will keep the motorcycle. If it is going to be a "starter" bike then I want to spend less than 2k. For something longer lasting (3 to 5 years) around 4k.
10) Do you live in California? - No
11) Your age? - 35
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion. - I am teaching my son how to ride his motorcycle and would like to find something to ride with him. Initially trails but eventually I think we will get on the track to catch some air and play around.

wysguy

Apr 5, 2008
Anyone?

I went out to a local track this weekend to get a feel for what type of terrain is offered. It looks like I should revise my planned riding to "tracks" as primary with some trails when I find them.

I am really leaning towards getting an entry level bike right now and upgrade it in the next 12 months. Does that sound reasonable? Something like a 125 2 stroke seems like a good inexpensive ride. Would I be comfortable on a 125 for a season?

Top Bottom