Flagger Suggestions Please

As most of you know, we need to flag open riding this year. Looking for comments/suggestions.

We will also have to assign "practice times" during open riding on the main track for the different levels of riders. This does NOT mean riding time will be limited, just organized.

Any input is appreciated.

whyzee

Never enough time !
when I'm not riding, eating, or BS'ing I'll have a flag in my hand. I plan on taking a comfortable chair, an umbrella, and a book. Okie, I don't think we will need a lot of volunteers, just in some blind places.
I don't have a problem doing this, and will gladly do it with a smile. I just don't want anyone to ever have to go through what we have for the last 2 1/2 months. Maybe we could do it in as pairs. everyone gets an hour session or two paired up with another DRN'er you don't know. It'll give everyone a chance to meet someone new.
my .02

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
There should be a board setup with time blocks for each days track time. Something like hour blocks with atleast 2 flaggers per hour pre-booked on the board the day before. If there are still open spots it can be annouced at the morning meeting. With 200+ people this should be a breeze to do with no one having to do more than 1 slot that week. Then if anyone wants to just flag for awhile they can grab a flag and find a spot. Heck i spent alot of time filming and flagging mentally. I know alot of parents watch their kids during the beginner time frame so those slots should be easily filled.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
Too many flaggers would be a great problem to have. I REALLY feel that if you ride a practice session you sould be required to flag another session that day and if you race in any of the events you flag another class. Sure some folks might gripe that they are there to have fun but then so is everybody else.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
I also will be flagging a lot, happy to do it! The sign up board with blocks of time is a great idea, a sandwich board at the entrance to the track showing the people who are on the track at that time is another. How about a flag captain for each time block who gets together with the volunteers a little before each session so that everyone knows where to go what to look out for etc. and makes sure there are enough people for coverage. (sounding a little too much like a teacher aren't I :o )

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
Beef - that was my exact idea to Okie not too long ago. Say we need 4 flaggers per time slot.. ther person in flagging position 1, makes sure that all flaggers are in position before the practice can start. That way, if someone forgot their time slot and doesnt show, practice cant begin until someone shows up or fills in.

whyzee

Never enough time !
How about in an effort to raise money and awareness we do a bachelorette flager date auction. We have some really cute DRN girls that some of the gents might pay handsomely to spend an hour with at a flagging station. If our girls were interested in taking in a little Stillwater sunshine ala bikini, I think it could be a real hit. Problem is some guys might never get any riding time in.
I hear GSR does this interesting thing with sparklers. :cool:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
Originally posted by Patman
Too many flaggers would be a great problem to have. I REALLY feel that if you ride a practice session you sould be required to flag another session that day and if you race in any of the events you flag another class. Sure some folks might gripe that they are there to have fun but then so is everybody else.
I couldn't agree more. If you wanna ride you should offer to help. Seems fair to me. :cool:

I have a pretty killer two-piece... Sign me up for flagging Crispy!

Last edited:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
killer 2 piece???? I think maybe I'll flag too
:thumb:

oldguy

Always Broken
Originally posted by dirty~d~
I have a pretty killer two-piece... Sign me up for flagging Crispy!
And for those not flagging I have a SPEEDO :scream: that I'll be walking around the pits in

Patman

Pantless Wonder
Maybe a sliding scale attendance fee? Everybody pays X+$10 or $15 per day then if you follow through you get your +fee back. If you have no interest in helping then you just pay the +fee and do your thing at DW.

Now ~D if we could get the Fluffy Bunny in that 2 piece there might be a big bidding war :)

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
Originally posted by Patman
Now ~D if we could get the Fluffy Bunny in that 2 piece there might be a big bidding war :)
Between your suggestion and oldguy's offer, us poor girls won't stand a chance. ;)