truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
fatcat216 said:
No, this is the WWW and... not only are you answering one questioner, but, you answering people like me, who came to this place because she knew there were some rocking smart guys who had lots of really cool experiences that 900 of my lifetimes would never afford me.

Exactly why we should make sure those with real questions come prepared with the detail necessary to get a quality response. If they want a really good answer they probably should know what they are asking.

Otherwise we'll end up with a million powerband threads.

On the other hand, my kids say I lecture too much, and it has been pointed out rather repeatedly that I am boring as hell.

:cool:

I'm just being selfish to point out another way, because, I am always hoping to learn something.

Might I suggest a search? How about checking out some of our archives? Whenever I have a question I do that first, unless it is an oil question :laugh:

Ivan

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
_JOE_ said:
. . . I guess the Mods don't like lazy people lookin for a handout. Tighty wearin' homos!
Bingo, we have a winner!

and she said dialectic . . .

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
WOW. This thread grew legs.

I think I smell something.

It's either smoke, or Ivan's been eating Mexican again. :think:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
How'd I get drawn into this? I haven demeaned or mocked anyone in a LONG time!

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Okiewan said:

Here's your chance. :nod:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Okiewan said:
Cause you're the boss. :cool: Everything always gets dumped on the boss. :laugh:

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
That's the spirit ModBabies! Woo Hoo.

Now that we have you all do the mod gang bang pile on- let's have a go, shall we.

TwinSpar said:
Verbal diarrhea is a horrible affliction Vic. Have some sympathy...

No, I believe the expression is EbolaWordVomit.

You need to catch up Twinny.

Mully said:
Nope...... :rotfl:

Now, that Pred, is funny. It is, as Ivan says, all in the ti-ming.

And yes, I used dialectic like 9 hunnert times just for you baby.
Someone who truly understands my spirit. Damn.:boss:

truespode said:
:cool:
Ivan

Oh, must be time to Tithe? How much should I make my "I Believe" check out to Ivan?

Okie-You are still alive? Crimeny, I thought I was defaming the dead. Holy Crap. You only got dragged in because Ivan reminded me he jumped to your defense last time I dared to question someone's single syllable answer. I had a flashback.

Likewise Okeman, using "inane" in the same sentence as Rich's name well.... artistic license??... I do have ebolavomititus, so what the hell. I'm guessing he's seen worse. ;) Poor guy. Good thing he carries a hammer.

Pat/Pred- Throwing garbage into a polluted lake doesn't actually make the lake any cleaner. But, dang, it's fun to watch stuff splash.

Now, hopefully-if I've done my job- your guys eyes are all pussing red goo like I saw on The Fringe last night. :nener:

Thanks for playing!

Anyone care for Ebolavomititus dessert?

Joey- thanks- you know I share your view more than not. Only thing is for me, I like to look at and admire both sides of the coin. Hands down you have the lightest touch out there. Good job.

(Incidentally, I sic'ed my friend Doug Moe on a couple of the characters whose lives and stories need to be made into books. Doug has written about Lyle Alzedo and Mike Royko amongst others. He's a hoot on the radio- because he sounds exactly the same as when he's sitting on a barstool. Quiet, ordinary, and funny as hell. His writing isn't near as good as the fellas themselves, but, I hoped somebody would get those turkeys to start putting it down. Doug's a really cool laid back guy, a complete ordinary man's man. He's all about the good story and has no ego about who should do the telling. Hopefully he'll be more persuasive than I was able to be. Yawn. Oh, was I still talking?)

And my dear 89r- (For some reason I'm thinking of Baretta's voice when I say this?? I think I've had a brain seizure! Try it anyway..): My opinion may be as deadly as Ivan's farts, but as you know from the emails you got from your last story- there's people who think those stories are worth telling. Don't let some smelly air discourage a great idea. Please keep writing.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
That wasn't so much a pile on, on my part, as it was agreement with a longtime member of this community. I couldn't believe I wasted so much time reading this thread and was simply agreeing with Vic. I'm so happy that you think so highly of yourself and your own opinions. You love to hear the stories that can pour forth from members of this community (that have been involved in this industry for years) yet pull this juvenile kind of crap?!? Think they will still be so open to take the time open up and recall these great memories in typed form after seeing this thread? I wouldn't! Bite the hand that feeds you....

Bottom line... your interpersonal skills suck and throwing your lackey Joe into the mix makes it a freaking joke.

BTW... I don't think you have a case of EbolaWordVomit. You couldn't have survived this long with the Vocal Ebola condition. You would have died from dehydration with your mouth being open for so long... long ago. It's probably a cyclical thing or something in your diet that sets off these episodes. If I were you... I would look into a full blood workup to see if they can find the problem. Just sayin.....

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Joey- thanks- you know I share your view more than not. Only thing is for me, I like to look at and admire both sides of the coin. Hands down you have the lightest touch out there. Good job.

Lol, it's been about 15 years since anyone called me Joey. I picture you as some little old lady becuase the only 2 people who still call me Joey are very elderly women. :whoa: Congratulations! Your age just doubled in my mental picture. :nener:

I do try tread lightly with people as you never know who may have an opportunity to repay you for being an @sshole. :bang: This is a rule of thumb for my life. :cool:

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
Twin said:

Wow.

Your anger is very interesting.

What is so juvenile about voicing an opinion that people should not be bullied and intimidated and called names? Mocked, derided? That it can be cool to lend a hand to someone who is trying to learn? That I admire smart people with years of collective experience. Those things are juvenile?

Interesting indeed.

Maybe you were saying it's juvenile to call names and deride and mock others?

I can't tell. Which one would prove that I love the idea of this forum and these guys as much as you Twinny? Beating the crap out of you guys, or offering constructive comments and admiration. :whoa: I'm so confused. Please enlighten me as to true path to DRN love. ;)

Joe is not my lackey. He clearly disagrees with my opinion on helping people who are sometimes annoyingly stupid. Sounds like he gave the party line "DRN helps those who help themselves. Do a search."

He is a kind contributing member of a forum. He does not know me from Adam. His contributions are very worthwhile and always always kind.

And he's pretty funny in the right kind of ways.

A nice role model for the kids, in my opinion. oh wait. Opinions are cause for lab work.

Right.

Just sayin....

Last edited:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
TwinSpar said:
That wasn't so much a pile on, on my part, as it was agreement with a longtime member of this community. I couldn't believe I wasted so much time reading this thread and was simply agreeing with Vic. I'm so happy that you think so highly of yourself and your own opinions. You love to hear the stories that can pour forth from members of this community (that have been involved in this industry for years) yet pull this juvenile kind of crap?!? Think they will still be so open to take the time open up and recall these great memories in typed form after seeing this thread? I wouldn't! Bite the hand that feeds you....

Bottom line... your interpersonal skills suck and throwing your lackey Joe into the mix makes it a freaking joke.

BTW... I don't think you have a case of EbolaWordVomit. You couldn't have survived this long with the Vocal Ebola condition. You would have died from dehydration with your mouth being open for so long... long ago. It's probably a cyclical thing or something in your diet that sets off these episodes. If I were you... I would look into a full blood workup to see if they can find the problem. Just sayin.....

Hang on while I grab a fresh longneck and a chair, looks like we might have a little fire goin'! :yeehaw: :moon:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
fatcat216 said:
wow.

Your anger is very interesting.

What is so juvenile about voicing an opinion that people should not be bullied and intimidated and called names? Mocked, derided? That it can be cool to lend a hand to someone who is trying to learn? That I admire smart people with years of collective experience. Those things are juvenile?

Interesting indeed.

Joe is not my lackey. He clearly disagrees with that opinion.

He is a kind contributing member of a forum who does not know me from Adam. His contributions are very worthwhile and always kind.

A nice role model for the kids, in my opinion.

Just sayin....

I prefer the term "gigalo". :laugh:

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
_JOE_ said:
I prefer the term "gigalo". :laugh:

I'm 96 baby.

I would not know what to do with that! :cool:

My heart... my hea.......................................

J-man

May 16, 2007
wow i have just been sitting around laughing at this the past couple of days but now its just getting funny. I think we might have a spark, but there is no fire here yet........key word yet

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
Somebody care to tell me what the core mission of DRN is?
As in mission statement?
What is it exactly that we value here?
And how would you write out that mission statement as far as human beings are treated?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I was totally unaware that this was a hold-your-lil-hand forum.
Dayem...
And all this time I have wrestled with how you folks have been treating me. I was under the impression that this was a dirt bike site, and was all about bikes, and dirt. But apparently it's also one of those feel good sites. I now take great offense to how I have been treated here over the years. You mean folks.

I am now in dire need of an ego massage.
fatcat...wanna see my ego?

(this has got to be one of the most useless threads on DRN...)

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Jaybird said:

Absolutely. We were all already well aware that the mods are poopie heads. :nod:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Jaybird said:
I was totally unaware that this was a hold-your-lil-hand forum.
Dayem...
And all this time I have wrestled with how you folks have been treating me. I was under the impression that this was a dirt bike site, and was all about bikes, and dirt. But apparently it's also one of those feel good sites. I now take great offense to how I have been treated here over the years. You mean folks.

I am now in dire need of an ego massage.
fatcat...wanna see my ego?

It's pretty obvious, fairly quickly, that this website IS NOT for people looking for an ego boost. Quite often the subject matter is off the topic of dirtbikes, which is great. :cool: There's folks here with vast knowledge of many fields. The people who tend to stick around are those who don't give a rats @ss about some guy or gal's opinion of them. Life is full of less-than-personable folks, you can deal with it and take some of the good they have to offer or get your panties all bunched up 'cause they hurt your feelings and turn away. Personally, I couldn't care less what anyone on here thinks of me. I have never even seen any of these people and they certainly don't know enough about me to make any personal attack actually matter. :moon: :)

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
_JOE_ said:
I have never even seen any of these people and they certainly don't know enough about me to make any personal attack actually matter. :moon: :)
Maybe you should look a little more closely at the random people around you on weekends, you looked right into my eyes on Saturday, but don't worry, I won't tell these people where you were or what you were doing, :laugh:

Dirtymotonut

Crazy Ole Bag
~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2008
Ok ok...I found what we can do with all the ones who deem this unsuitable for laughs or whatever., I personally hope it goes till Christmas I like reality shows(sort of)..watch this video and decide who goes first.......http://www.jibjab.com/view/100306

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
FruDaddy said:
Maybe you should look a little more closely at the random people around you on weekends, you looked right into my eyes on Saturday, but don't worry, I won't tell these people where you were or what you were doing, :laugh:
My mind is drawing a blank right now, but unless you had your vehicle serviced or work at Kwik Fill or were walking through my neighborhood it's HIGHLY unlikely that happened. I would be more suprised if you knew who I was, as I don't wear a name tag on my shirt and unless you're a friend of mine on Myspace, I can't think of anywhere someone could find pics of me.

And let me reiterate, even if I did see you (unless I'm not recalling something, in which case I'm sorry) I don't know you from Tom, Dick or Harry and cerainly don't care what uniformed opinion you have of me. :p You can tell all these people I'm a dope dealer and steal dirt bikes for extra cash, I don't care. :fft:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Dirtymotonut said:
Ok ok...I found what we can do with all the ones who deem this unsuitable for laughs or whatever., I personally hope it goes till Christmas I like reality shows(sort of)..watch this video and decide who goes first.......http://www.jibjab.com/view/100306

That's frickin' hilarious! I touched the terminals once, but :yikes: not on my throat!!!!!!!!!!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Didya' hear the one about the old hippy chick from California that bought some land up in No. Cal in the redwoods? When she went to see her land, she crawled up one of the redwoods to get a better view. When she reached the top, she lost her grip and slid all the way down the trunk of the redwood until she got to the ground. In doing so, she got many splinters from the tree in her crotch. :yikes:

When she got to the emergency room the doctor took a look at her problem and said, "I'll be right back.

When he came back into the room he said, "There's nothing I can do for you." She said, "What do you mean?" He said, "I called the Sierra club and the BLM and they said it's illegal in California to remove old forest growth from a recreational area." :laugh: Gotta love California. :rotfl:

Back to your regularly scheduled programing. :cool:

Disclaimer: Shamefully stolen from the District 37 website.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Then, there was the old guy that went to sign up for social security. When he got to the social security office he realized he forgot his wallet and ID. He told the lady at the office that he had forgotten his wallet but, could he still sign up?

The lady said, "Unbutton your shirt." He unbuttoned his shirt and the lady said, "Ok, I can see by the silver grey hair on your chest you are old enough to qualify for social security."

When he got home and told his wife he got social security she asked him how did you do that when you left your wallet at home? He told her what happened at the social security office.

She said, "Well, you should have dropped your pants, you might have gotten disability too." :yikes:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom