_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Ol'89r said:
Then, there was the old guy that went to sign up for social security. When he got to the social security office he realized he forgot his wallet and ID. He told the lady at the office that he had forgotten his wallet but, could he still sign up?

The lady said, "Unbutton your shirt." He unbuttoned his shirt and the lady said, "Ok, I can see by the silver grey hair on your chest you are old enough to qualify for social security."

When he got home and told his wife he got social security she asked him how did you do that when you left your wallet at home? He told her what happened at the social security office.

She said, "Well, you should have dropped your pants, you might have gotten disability too." :yikes:

:rotfl:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
lol
OK, NOW this thread is taking on some worth....

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Maybe this thread should be moved out to the General Forum since it's far from a Flame and is basically full of useless commentary.

I know a bunch of the members here and they know me face to face. They know I am a smart arse and for the most part so are they. So I really am no too worried about making somebody that is too lazy to do a little search or even post a thread that contains at least a little bit of useful information on their problem feel like a lazy idiot because basically they are.

Am I a grumpy old man?

Nope.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Patman said:
I know a bunch of the members here and they know me face to face. They know I am a smart arse and for the most part so are they. So I really am no too worried about making somebody that is too lazy to do a little search or even post a thread that contains at least a little bit of useful information on their problem feel like a lazy idiot because basically they are.

Gotta agree with Pantsless here.

I looked at the post in question before Patty responded to it and didn't even bother to give it a "NOPE!" To me, the poster didn't offer enough information and anything I would have added would have been an opinion rather than a answer. And of course, we all know what opinions are like. :nod: I figured I would come back later after someone prodded the poster for more info. To me, that's what patty did by saying NOPE.

Many people come here and expect answers. They will post a question and ten minutes later, bash us for not answering quickly enough. Or, they will not hear the answer they came to hear. Even if it is the correct answer, it's not the one they wanted to hear. Then, they will want to argue with us. Also, many of the younger people don't think spelling and punctuation is important. They will post something unreadable and then slam us for not responding to it. They will tell us crabby old farts things are different now and to come to the real world. Well, they haven't experienced the real world yet and when they do they will be very shocked. When they fill out a job application using teenebonics do you think they will get the job? Welcome to the real world kiddies. :yikes:

But, I can't fault the mods for not coddling these people. They have been doing this for many years and have heard every stupid question and rude response there is to hear. I can imagine their patience is running a little thin.

I see no reason to go out of my way to try to decipher and answer a post if the poster won't go out of his way to write it. Plus, nobody here other than the boss gets paid to do this stuff. They do it out of the goodness of their hearts on their own time. And then get slammed for it.

I think a lot of us are smart arses at heart. I love to watch Rich disassemble some 15 year old or even some 50 year old that comes here and thinks they know all the answers. Nobody knows all the answers. They are quickly put in their places and that is what makes this place interesting and makes it run smoothly. I've bashed quite a few myself. If they stay and learn, that's a good thing. If they get pissed and leave, so what. To me, DRN is about quality not quantity.

Pred eats them for lunch, (15 year olds) and from what I hear keeps a few of them stocked in his shack for the cold winters. Plus, it gets lonely up there in Idehoe. :nener:

Somebody asked what is the mission statement of DRN? I'm not sure but I think it's just about regular people that enjoy riding and working on dirtbikes. Not pros or industry people. It's about guys like you Ivan. In fact, your screen name 'Truespode' typifies the average member here. I've never ridden with you but I have seen photos of some of your more famous wheelies. I guess the name fits. LOL!

It's also about people like fatcat. People that want to learn a new sport and meet people to ride with. People that want to find a interesting sport that they can involve their kids in at a time in their lives when their kids are getting involved with other, not so good things. I see no reason for some of you to be bashing her for her enthusiasm and thirst for knowledge. In fact I applaud her for getting involved with her daughter. IMO she has been a big help by digging up old technical threads and posting them for some of the newbys or directing the newbys to the right places. Now, there may be some email stuff going on that I haven't seen but, from what I've seen, there's no reason for that. Seems like this would help the mods by saving them some time. Now, I can see Vic getting cranky because Vic is a stock broker and I would imagine most stock brokers are a little moody right now. Stay out of tall buildings Vic.

Keep in mind, many of us cranky old farts come from a different time. A time when you had to earn what you have. A time when you didn't get a trophy for just showing up. A time when people had some integrity and didn't blame others for their own failures. A time when you didn't get passed on to the next grade if you couldn't complete the work. You failed and you were called a failure. Pretty simple huh?

In todays touchy-feely world, we are raising a entire country of wimps. Young people that have no integrity, no balls. We have kids playing sports where they don't even keep score. Don't want to make the underachievers feel bad. Schools outlawing sports like dodge ball because the fat kids are too easy to hit. Maybe they should lose some weight. Nobody is responsible for their own actions. People entering into bogus contracts with financial institutions only to bail when the going gets tough and making the responsible people of the country pay for it. And look what is happening to our nation because of it.

To me, DRN is the first taste of the real world to some of these kids. If their parents have pampered them their whole lives and protected them from the real world, they're not gonna like it here. They're not going to get pampered. They are going to get straight answers and be expected to respond and act like young adults. If they can't do that, there are many other sites where they can go to bitch about it.

Now, I hope I have managed to piss off everyone from stock brokers to Idehoeians to fat kids everywhere. After all, this is the flame forum. :nener: :moon:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Ol'89r said:
nobody here other than the boss gets paid to do this stuff. They do it out of the goodness of their hearts on their own time. And then get slammed for it.

knowing the cost of running a site like this I'd be shocked if the boss broke even most months, if at all.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
So 89'er NAILS IT AGAIN! Terry YOU are the MAN :worship: :worship: :worship:

Today most kids get their bread buttered for them because you wouldn't want them to get injured with that butter knife. When I was a kid I sliced my hand with a plenty sharp knife from my Grandpa's tackle box. He looked at it and said "Well I guess you figured out that knife is sharp and which way not to cut with it eh?" and that I did. Funny thing my son did a similar thing with a kitchen knife and I remembered my lesson and said the same to him, he still remembers. Stupid hurts be it a cut a bump or a smack up side the head and guess what it also makes most smart people think before they act.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Wanna good flame?

Okie's a nurmal.

There, I said it....

BTW...whatever happened to that dillweed thread?

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Ol'89r said:
Now, I can see Vic getting cranky because Vic is a stock broker and I would imagine most stock brokers are a little moody right now. Stay out of tall buildings Vic.

For the record, I'm a trader, not a broker. And I'm doing fine, thank you. :>)

Any crankiness comes from my disgust that the idiots in this great land appear to be about to elect a Marxist, but that's for another thread.

I find the rest of your post to be pretty much spot-on, albeit a bit wordy. :p

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Vic said:
Any crankiness comes from my disgust that the idiots in this great land appear to be about to elect a Marxist, but that's for another thread.

I'm a Harpo Marxist.

the_marx_brothers.jpg

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
This thread is stupid, just like everyone who posted in it, cept Terry and Pred.

Leave my Pred alone. He the only one that gets to touch me in what might be seen as inappropriate ways, but to us they are very much appropriate.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I love the Flame Forum. It helps me to realize that my life ain't so bad after all. :)

Terry, Great rant a few posts back. :cool:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Now that Milque has posted this thread has finally reached it peak.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Patman said:
Now that Milque has posted this thread has finally reached it peak.

Oh crap. :whoa: Now we gotta' call it the touchy-feely, feel the love forum. Hi Milkster. Carlo sends his love. ;)

Pleaser. I have always thought of you as more of a
Groucho. :laugh: :nener:

Where's Ivan????? Did his trailer finally slide into the river?? :yikes:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Milk said:
This thread is stupid, just like everyone who posted in it, cept Terry and Pred.

Leave my Pred alone. He the only one that gets to touch me in what might be seen as inappropriate ways, but to us they are very much appropriate.
Milk, I haven't seen such a raw display of emotion since Rollergirl begged Amber Waves to be her mother during a coke binge in 'Boogie Nights.'

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
James said:
*YAWN*

You guys are more boring than Ivan on a long riding trip.

I spent 9 hours alone in a truck with Ivan, and then we drove to Greensboro.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
JuliusPleaser said:
I spent 9 hours alone in a truck with Ivan, and then we drove to Greensboro.
Well I'm sure there are other things you've done too that might make us all cringe but airing your BVD's here won't help. Most of us know Ivan already and why his keyboard has a protective cover on it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom