KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
I bought an 11oz Steahly weight for my bike 98 KX250 off ebay and got all but the instructions. Just wanted to make sure I put it on right, I took the bolt off the center of the flywheel and screwed the weight on then I assumed that bar type thing is to help tighten it on? Has 2 bolts to connect it to the weight then use a 1/2" driver to tighten? Right so far I hope ;) Then tighten the little allen head bolts all around, Do you use the stock gasket along with the plastic spacer? I left mine off just because it was torn up anyway, have to get a new one. Just rode it around the yard and seemed to help a little but can't really tell considering my backyard is only 100 ft. long, find out tomm. for sure how it works hopefully.

waianae_yz

Jul 21, 2002
My kit states to use all gaskets and spacers supplied with the kit. doesnt mention using the old gasket as well. good luck. thinking of trading my 13oz. getting used to controling the trottle more and enjoy roosting my yz250 at times.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Don't use loctite. Supposed to torque the fly wheel weight to specs of your original nut ,the little spacer gets a gasket of both sides. That and do not remove the little allen screws , the holes are staked so you will end up stripping out the set screws if you back them out all the way. Also says in the instructions to check everything regularly and if you do a lot of jumping to check more often.< that is about as in depth the directions where>

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
Thanks, looks like I need some gaskets. Rode yesterday and didn't notice much diff. :think: but my bike isn't running exactly right either, more jetting practice to do ;)

Top Bottom