overbore

Dec 24, 2001
Thanks to help here in the future I was able to knock out rear wheel bearings and change them on the exc200 of my sons.I wanted to check the front wheel also in the meantime and could not get on a lip of the bearings to knock them out and wondered if anyone had done theres or had any Ideals.Thanks

JW

Oct 9, 2001
Hey there, I havn't changed the bearings before. But check with H&H KTM www.ktmworld.com and go to the info part which is to the left and then click the upper part which says contact and ask away. They have been a big help for me in the past and get back to you pretty quick.
Also check out Kbay there they have a surplus of bearings for pretty cheap. Hope this will help you out a bit.

Last edited:

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
Insert a long thick punch in from one end until it's just about through. 3/8" extension will work on some wheels. The end should be just short of the bearing. Push the punch away from you. That should cause the spacer to move a bit exposing the lip of the bearing. Once you knock on that a couple of times, the spacer should move freely to allow you to work around the bearing.

overbore

Dec 24, 2001
Thanks for the replys.I tried to hit from the brake side after removing the seal and circlip and still could not get on the lip of the seal.everything is so close,you can not get a punch on anything except the whole thing and I wasnt sure if there was a stop to hold bearings that would hold me from driving the whole bearings out from either side.still not sure on how to do this.

overbore

Dec 24, 2001
any other Ideals or answers as i am not able to get behind the bearing and wondered if i could nock both back out the odometer side after taking out the circlip and dustseal.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
No, that wont work. Just do as jeb says and they will come out. You some times have to use the punch to pry the inner sleeve out of the way so you can strike the back side of the bearing.

Top Bottom