Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
The Review!

Have any questions or comments? Post 'em here.

Moto'n Mama

~SPONSOR~
Nov 14, 2003
I've got a few rides in my MSR womens gear. The pants seem very durable. There is lots of room for bulky knee braces (room to spare for sure). The jersey is light which will be great for those hot summer months. The graphics layout very nice on the gear and I love the baby blue color. (It is very pretty in person!) But I am having problems with the fit. The pant cuffs constantly come out my boots which push my knee pads out of place and the knees of the pants wind up on my lower thighs so the articulation in the knees misses my knees entirely and limit my range of motion from sit to stand. The pants fit me perfect up top (waist and butt) so I wouldnt think I got the wrong size. If I order a larger size, do they get longer and wider up top? (That wouldnt work for me if so.) I'm 5'4", 31" inseam, 28" waist and I have the size 4. I have a size small for the jersey is still seems pretty big for a small. The sleeves hang past my fingertips and the jersey has lots of room - it doesnt feel like it was taken in for the feminen figure. (Fits more like a guys small in other words with chopped off sleeves and shortened length.)

So, its pretty, its durable but the pants just dont work for me while I'm riding in them. I could live with the jersey how it is - just not how I would prefer it to fit.

Attachments

• SCDR Sarah.jpg
    SCDR Sarah.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,039
Last edited:

tiggywiggy

Aug 22, 2005
most of the time i am all for women's gear. but my pants are fox (men's) and they fit great. not sure what size, but they have plenty of room in the hips and butt, and don't ride up at all. i am 5'7", and a size 7.

Moto'n Mama

~SPONSOR~
Nov 14, 2003
Well, I cant stand my MSR gear - into the attic it goes (unless you wanna buy them). So back to my old mx pants (men's pants) untill I find something that fits and performs good. I did finally find a woman's jersey and it fits awesom. It was made for a woman (and by women too) - doesnt feel like they took a man's pattern and just shortened the sleevs a tad. everything is the right length and the right width. And of course it made of the right stuff - lightweight and breathable with built in elbow pads. Check out Team Dirty Girls - http://www.teamdirtygirls.com/. I highly recommend this jersey if you dont mind looking a little girly on the track! (I got pink.)

Attachments

• TeamDirtyGirlsJersey.jpg
    TeamDirtyGirlsJersey.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,122

MXLady81

Nov 26, 2005
I tried on the MSR RG2 gear and let's face it...2 kids and middle age later, the stuff just aint gonna fit right. LOL :ahhh:
After 4 years in Thor Phase gear, I opted to switch to No Fear's Elektron series because they finally had some decent looking stuff. My first race with it on at Grattan, I went down in a corner, hit a rock with my knee (Thor shin guards! ;) ) and tore the pants instantly. Bumming! So I'm thinking the regular MSR gear for me next time around.

PS--sweet Dirty Girls jerseys!

Attachments

• MXME.jpg
    MXME.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 900

ev..

Dec 14, 2005
even tho I do not like pink or palmtrees on my butt,
I tried on some womens gear
NO WAY! who do they sew for?
I am curvy, perfect 10:7 hip waist ratio ...
so my 10 year old custom tailored Jopa pants will stay until they are bejond mendable
as backup I got Moose '04 M1 pants on sale for pennies
they fit OK, too many sraping seams, too many stiff plastic pieces ...
anyone have a pair of 88/89 M-S-Racing pants blue 30 or 32 for sale?

the Dirty Girls looks cute, but $76 to display THEIR logo?
sorry, that is a definite NO

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
ev.. said:
even tho I do not like pink or palmtrees on my butt,
I tried on some womens gear
NO WAY! who do they sew for?
I am curvy, perfect 10:7 hip waist ratio ...
Every brand fits a little different. If you are even interested in trying some of it (sounds like you had the Fox?) check out some of the other brands.

Trouble is, all of us women are way differently shaped from each other--more different than men are from each other. It's hard to make ANYTHING that fits us all. No, it's not hard, it's impossible.

That said ... mainly for the lower waist, I prefer the women's gear. I have some of both though.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
interesting all the comments about poor fit. my daughter absolutely loved the fit of hers.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
mx547 said:
interesting all the comments about poor fit. my daughter absolutely loved the fit of hers.

Same here, I love the way it fits and how well the gear has held up.

ev..

Dec 14, 2005
this repeated comment on 'how well the gear has held up' puzzles me a bit
??? shouldn't high end / renown brand like MSR, Thor, Fox... hold up well? why would a man's pant/cut last longer than a woman's?

I do not expect the same performance of some cheap off-brands like Ocelot or ARC, but I do not have any experience with their gear and only suspect that what you get is what you pay for, not sure how much you pay for a Fox/TroyLee/Acerbis... logo

good thought Firecracker,
plus most women tend to wear their gear a bit tighter than most men, so the cut is a bit more important

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
ev.. said:
I do not expect the same performance of some cheap off-brands like Ocelot or ARC, but I do not have any experience with their gear and only suspect that what you get is what you pay for, not sure how much you pay for a Fox/TroyLee/Acerbis... logo
I think the comment relates to the fact that most women's gear is the "second tier" of the manufacturer's brand. i.e., the Rage gear for MSR instead of the System X, or the 180 in Fox instead of 360.

but I could be mistaken.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
XRpredator said:
I think the comment relates to the fact that most women's gear is the "second tier" of the manufacturer's brand. i.e., the Rage gear for MSR instead of the System X, or the 180 in Fox instead of 360.

but I could be mistaken.

That may have been true back when women's gear was first starting to become popular, but I don't think it's true now. I have a set of Fox 360 Women's Gear that I bought a couple of years ago, and it's good, but I can see when I compare that to my MSR Gear that it's not of as high a quality (IMO).

Women's gear is of increasingly better quality, but I think the comment of how the gear is "holding up" relates to the fact that us women, who haven't had the opportunity to purchase quality gear for many years, are expecting that the gear will not last, as has been the experience of many women in the past.

ev..

Dec 14, 2005
XRpredator said:
most women's gear is the "second tier" of the manufacturer's brand
:clue:
admit, I never REALLY paied attention
when I stumbled across some I saw pink or purple-with-orange, tried on, found out it does not fit, did not waste much thougth on gear

holding up well?
did I interpret or a do mxers go thru much more gear because they (the majority) are more fashion alert, they do not mend their gear or wear patched up stuff?

ev..

Dec 14, 2005
squeaky said:
... I think the comment of how the gear is "holding up" relates to the fact that us women, who haven't had the opportunity to purchase quality gear for many years, ...
???
brrr, slowly please
why would these women not have the chance to buy "quality gear"?
most females today still wear mens gear
for whatever reason - in many cases - it fits better than 'womens' and it does not come in pink or purple

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I don't think it doesn't hold up any worse than equivalent men's gear. For me, the only thing (aside from crash-induced tears) is the damage my knee braces cause to the inside of the knees. I tore through the soft material of my Fox pants (women's 360s) pretty quickly, but my MSR Rage gear has a thicker type of material there. Newer models may be different however.

Other than the knees, though, I haven't had ANY pair of pants fall apart in any way that was the manufacturer's fault. Just normal trail wear and tear.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
firecracker22 said:
For me, the only thing (aside from crash-induced tears) is the damage my knee braces cause to the inside of the knees..

I've ruined Fox 180 pants because of my knee braces. Two rides is all it took for my knee braces to rip through. Also, I've had it where there isn't enough room for my braces.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
MSR and I think maybe Thor uses leather panels in their men's pants for knee braces, but the heavy duty fabric in the knees of my MSR women's Rage pants has held up awesome. So have my Acerbis pants. Neither are made anymore, sadly. I haven't worn the newest MSR chick gear, isn't it called Starlet now?

Mxblondechic7

Jan 4, 2006
Woah.. Im new to this site.. But yea its awesome seeing some more girls that ride.. because honestly in arizona there is like barely any!! by the way i just got all new fox gear.. its amazing.. its the pink, silver, white, black... u might have seen it in a magazine.. anyways.. any girls from az???

ev..

Dec 14, 2005
Mxblondechic7 said:
by the way i just got all new fox gear.. its amazing.. its the pink, silver, white, black
:laugh:
isn't that funny
you are proud and happy about new + pink gear
I am proud and happy about 20 year old dark blue NOS pants
:rotfl:

sorry, not in AZ
but on GA trails females are few and far between as well
too many do not really want to ride
but enjoy being a "rider" :think:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Man, I've been pretty lucky. When I lived in WA I had TONS of girls to ride with ... and some pretty cool guys as well. I didn't like riding with guys at first (bad experience on my FIRST ever ride, got yelled at) but after a while I met so many great, supportive riding friends that it really doesn't matter anymore. It's still fun to round up the gals when we can, though.

Sherman

Jan 15, 2006
I have last years MSR women's gear and what i really like the most is how low they are in the waist. I'm glad they came out with black/grey/white because i would NEVER be caught in pink or purple. I do like the blue as well but having purple or pink is like riding around with an X on your back. The only complaint i have is that the jersey is too short which comes untucked EVERY time. I also have a pair of last years mens pants and they obviously are higher in the waist but my pair are SO TIGHT in the knees and thighs. I do think they are pretty durable though!! I wish they would shape the back of the pant differently. Otherwise, great pant.

HeidiB

Mar 7, 2006
I really like my MSR RG2X gear. It fits me great. The pants are very well constructed. The jersey fits great. I highly recommend them. I have the black/gray/white. You couldn't pay me to wear pink.

I don't have the gloves but would love to be able to still find them.

iggy

Sep 24, 2003
Hey there Mx...I am in AZ...where do you ride? what do you ride?

Mxblondechic7 said:
Woah.. Im new to this site.. But yea its awesome seeing some more girls that ride.. because honestly in arizona there is like barely any!! by the way i just got all new fox gear.. its amazing.. its the pink, silver, white, black... u might have seen it in a magazine.. anyways.. any girls from az???

Apr 11, 2006
ridding gear

there isnt enough gear for women but my daughter did get the gear by sick. it is a great fit with great quallity and she can still get dirty and look girly at the same time. i beleive the said i women designed it. :laugh: does anyone know where to get quallity grapghics for girls? no blue orange, or green. somthing with cool hearts or buuterflies or
bubbles. tammy :

Top Bottom