ride_red_15

Uhhh...
Oct 14, 2001
Well, im looking for a bike for my girlfriend, as she wants to get into riding. she's never ridden before, and she would only be doing trail riding. I really dont want to put her on my 250 as it is a death machine. shes 5'7" and weighs about 145 or so. She plays ice hockey, so handling/picking up a heavier bike isnt an issue. I was leaning towards a XR200 or XR250, yamahas out of the question ( the local dealer sucks) and same with zuki.

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
The XR250 wouldn't be bad, but how about a KDX200? If she plays ice hockey, then she's no weenie girl, THAT's for sure! The KDX still has some nice low end, but enough zip to not bore her after she gets the basics down. You ride a two stroke so yer already messing with pre-mix. 'Just a thought.

ride_red_15

Uhhh...
Oct 14, 2001
I also considered that, but i had a 220, and its not something she would like, as i let her put around on my 250, and she said the 2 stroke scared her a bit (i understand, i mean shes never ridden before). My last kdx was plagued with suspension problems, so im not going for one of those. Maybe a corked KLX ...

endosports

Jan 10, 2002
Get her a ttr-125L and she will love it.

You can start her out with it stock and when she needs more power just uncork it. If that isn't enough you can bore it to 150 and almost double the power. The bike is super light and easy to ride.

You will love it as a play bike, I ride my chicks bike everyday. check out the gallery under my name for a pic of me down the hill from my house. Dont be jealous just get one for her or yourself.

AZDesertRat

Apr 18, 2002
Go with the XR200. I rode one for 5 years and it was great. I am 5'6" and 165 lbs. so I eventually changed fork springs and fluids but it was an excellent trail bike and most importantly started first kick EVERY time hot or cold without any special procedure. This is probably important to keep her happy. If it gets too mellow for her an inexpensive Supertrapp muffler and rejetting does wonders. I recently traded up to a KLX300R only because my riding partners got WR426s and XR400s so I had to go with the flow.

endosports

Jan 10, 2002
blue hater!
to bad that honda does not have a bike comparable to the ttr-125L.
Just wait till that xr200 falls on her and she can't get it off on her.

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Ice hockey? To quote Austin Powers...She's a man baby! I'd say go with the xr200. The 250's seem to be pretty big... Just my take on things

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
My wife is 5'6" and a little heavier than your girlfriend. My wife is fairly strong and works out regularly. She has no problem with the DRZ250 and it is heavier than the XR250.

Ivan

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Well, if you don't like Yamaha, you can always have a look at the new Green and Yella Kawazukas - DRZ125, or KLX125 - you should find a winner here. Honda have the CRF150.

The ultimate 'chick' bike in the category IMHO is the Gas Gas Pampera 250/280 - don't let the engine size scare you - this is a powerful torgeuy motor with no hit, almost four stroke like in its delivery, and a very fun bike to have/ride, and is ideal for the shorter rider. I have the P280, and this bike rocks :) - but then again, this is a real bike, at a real price !

Good luck .......

PS, you may be able to pick up a TTR125 really cheap ;)

ride_red_15

Uhhh...
Oct 14, 2001
well Bundu, if i had the money, then maybe. Me and my dad are already signed up for a CRF150 ( gonna have some flat track fun ) so she'll probably be able to learn on that. Could go up to the 230 tho.. :think:

Top Bottom