Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Didn't want to hi-jack the MX indoor thread so I'm starting a new one.

Yes Sunday was a picture perfect day to ride with it snowing & blowing and snow covered tree's for some tunnel effect at times! I should have mounted the Trelleborgs but Sundays ride is unfortunately my last ride until spring so I figured what the hell knobbies are just find and the ground wouldn't be frozen yet anyways. I go in for a knee reconstruction {ACL replacement & MCL} this week Thursday as a result of mis fortune at the Harrison National in August. I'm really really bumm'n over this as I'm going to miss out also on the Ice bikes - snowmobiling and snowboarding with my boys. I'm not one to hanging around the house sitting on my azz doing nothing so I think this might be a little more un-enjoyable for my wife than myself! Thank gawd for gift cards & certificates :nod:

DW

woodsracer369

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 3, 2004
DW

Best of luck with the procedure and a fast / full recovery.

Trevor

Ward

Jan 23, 2006
I must concur, good ride yesterday. I was amazed how good the traction was without my snowtires. Thanks to everyone who rode upfront and broke the trail in. I must add I think I am finally getting this 2-stroke thing down. It was a lot of fun riding the 300. Good Luck DW.

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
Hey DW:
Now I know who left all those "off trail" excursion marks. We had lots of tracks to choose from - Larry and I never got started on the trail until 12:45 - Darn bike would not start - heck it was a balmy 17 degrees out there, it should have started with the summer 15x50 oil - right? NOPE, not a chance - I picked up lighter weight oil today to change before this coming weekend - I still have a sore foot from kicking (laugh).
Actually it was a fantastic ride (once we got going) - beautiful with all that snow - hanging down branches - like riding thru tunnels - one of the most scenic winter rides in recent memory.
Larry says he really likes the new 250SX - hard to judge suspension with those conditions but he said that he cannot find any fault (or complaint) so far - Stock jetting was even in the ball park - nice day to break in a new bike.

Almost forgot - GOOD LUCK with the surgery - heal fast!

Last edited:

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Good luck with the knee job there DW. So how long is the recovery and when do you expect you can get back to riding?

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Thanks guys!

Katoom - I never ride "Off Trail" as that leads to a ticket.

bbarel - You know me what ever the doc says I'll work hard to cut it in half. I hope to show up at Roselawn In. in good conditioning....

DW

Last edited:

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Wolverine423 said:
Thanks guys!

Katoom - I never ride "Off Trail" as that leads to a ticket.

bbarel - You know me what ever the doc says I'll work hard to cut it in half. I hope to show up at Roselawn In. in good conditioning....

DW
DW I know you'll be ready! Good luck with the surgury.
I'm glad someone got a chance to ride while I was in Lansing setting up next years season : :yell:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
I also had a great ride Sunday I am really glad that I had a chance to ride before surgury. I almost forgot how callangeing it was to ride without studs of Trellborgs. I hope to ride again some time in Jan.

The "Nose Job" (sinus surgury) as TCT calls it went well. The Botox, enhancements & Lipo didn't go so well!!!!! :yikes:
I also am not one who sits around well. The Vicadin has me wired and unabile to sleep. I have already be reprimanded by the "Race Nazi" for not following orders. :p

Dunn- sorry you missed the ride but just know that your efforts are greatly appreiciated.
Don

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Dunn- sorry you missed the ride but just know that your efforts are greatly appreiciated.
Don[/QUOTE]
Oh come on and let me whine! ;) (By the way I noticed the time of your post, i hope you get some sleep.)
hell I can't keep up with you guys anyway,old man Don turned it up several notches this past year!
I'm hoping the sinus surgery causes an air dam to slow him down some :nener:
As for Wolverine he can still out ride me without getting on the bike.
The ONLY time I ride well is in these meetings!

The Double "D's " and I are now AMA certified in Sound testing for All Events.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Naw, I think it means that they can tell us to keep quiet with authority!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I heard that "Lefty" and TCSpectator made the trip to this ride. I am sure they spent some time viewing the Trailfest video. Can not wait to see it!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Yea that was a good time out there Sunday. Even though it was all snow covered I think that was one of the quickest times I have rode around there. I guess you make better time when you ride alone -vs- in a group :nener:

Cant wait for the next one :yeehaw:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Thanks T Dunn for all your hard work :cool: I'll reward you with cold beer in spring!

:think:XCF= its nice to know I have friends in the sound check dept. Not that I would push the limitations or anything as that might lead to a ticket also....

DW

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
YZMAN400 said:
Yea that was a good time out there Sunday. Even though it was all snow covered I think that was one of the quickest times I have rode around there. I guess you make better time when you ride alone -vs- in a group :nener:

Cant wait for the next one :yeehaw:

HUM?? You must have found the ride after all I guess. You might not want to invite all your friends for the next one - more riders are not needed or we'll loose the ride. DNR showed up as we were loading to come home and asked if this was an organized event - it absolutely is not as that WILL cost us the ride if they deem it as an organized event of any kind.
There were kids riding 4 wheelers around the parking area with no helmets on - I guess they wrote the tickets for no ORV stickers on the Quads - they could have written them for much more.

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
fatherandson said:
I heard that "Lefty" and TCSpectator made the trip to this ride. I am sure they spent some time viewing the Trailfest video. Can not wait to see it!

That we did. Got my own signed copy. :nener: The cool part is you can tell people you filmed it and Cody did the editing. :laugh:

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
katoom125 said:
DNR showed up as we were loading to come home and asked if this was an organized event

Rumor is that the DNR will be more actively seeking and enforcing this crud starting in 07.

What part of the State were you riding (west/south/east/north)? Would give us an idea which COs (which district) are starting first.

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
2TrakR said:
Rumor is that the DNR will be more actively seeking and enforcing this crud starting in 07.

What part of the State were you riding (west/south/east/north)? Would give us an idea which COs (which district) are starting first.

west side - north of Baldwin

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Smit-Dog said:
Please help me understand why the DNR considers a group of guys riding together an "organized event" requiring a fee and permit?

What is the criteria the DNR uses to determine this? Links to any DRN publications about this would help... (couldn't find any).

:|
Please start a new thread on this subject as I don't want this ride in the spot light. Thanks

DW

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Wolverine423 said:
Thanks guys!

DW
Yeah good thing my physical therapist is cute and has a nice bootie. Otherwise I might not have the same level of dedication to keep going to PT. :laugh:

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Bret - You must go to therapy alone and Charlotte doesn't follow what goes on here.

Top Bottom