Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
katoom125 said:
HUM?? You must have found the ride after all I guess. You might not want to invite all your friends for the next one - more riders are not needed or we'll loose the ride. DNR showed up as we were loading to come home and asked if this was an organized event - it absolutely is not as that WILL cost us the ride if they deem it as an organized event of any kind.
There were kids riding 4 wheelers around the parking area with no helmets on - I guess they wrote the tickets for no ORV stickers on the Quads - they could have written them for much more.

excuse me for asking... but wasnt this ride on state land (ie. PUBLIC LAND) seems to me if he (and everyone he knows shows up to ride they have just as much right as you do. I think we all pay the same fees to the same orginizations.

If I, for one, showed up someplace to go ride and was given greif because I wasn't "invited" I be inclined to tell you to have a coke and a smile and shut the f#@% up.

think about how you word things in the future to our riding bretheren. We are all in this together, and the last thing we need is more division in the ranks. :|

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Wolf - Not speaking for Katoomer, but I think the tone and intent of his message is being misconscrued... He is not looking to intentionally exclude fellow riders, but rather just being led into playing along with some whacked "event permit" policy that I think is being grossly misrepresented and misinterpreted by DNR staff and good, law-abiding trail riders.

Read this thread, AND the related DNR forms:

http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=143874

We should not have to play this weasely hush-hush game with the DNR to avoid the event permit policy....

IMO it does not apply, we shouldn't be spending $50 to find out that it doesn't apply, nor should a group of guys be questioned or challenged at a trailhead by the DNR. :yell:

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
Smit-Dog said:
Wolf - Not speaking for Katoomer, but I think the tone and intent of his message is being misconscrued... He is not looking to intentionally exclude fellow riders, but rather just being led into playing along with some whacked "event permit" policy that I think is being grossly misrepresented and misinterpreted by DNR staff and good, law-abiding trail riders.

thanks Smit-dog - your response is nicer than mine might well have been to Wolf - besides you were correct as well. It's just that i for one do not like to be told to go have a coke and shut the f#@% up, especially when the writer is reading something NOT there.

YZman (who i was addressing the comments to) had e-mailed me prior to the ride in question - I doubt very much that my response bothered him much since he "knew" what I was saying - and (even more importantly) why I was saying it - so perhaps you might not want to 'jump the gun' quite so quickly yourself to lessen division in the ranks as you put it.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Wolf Child said:
excuse me for asking... but wasnt this ride on state land (ie. PUBLIC LAND) seems to me if he (and everyone he knows shows up to ride they have just as much right as you do. I think we all pay the same fees to the same orginizations.

If I, for one, showed up someplace to go ride and was given greif because I wasn't "invited" I be inclined to tell you to have a coke and a smile and shut the f#@% up.

|
I would truly like you to see you try just that next time around!

DW

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
katoom125 said:
thanks Smit-dog - your response is nicer than mine might well have been to Wolf - besides you were correct as well. It's just that i for one do not like to be told to go have a coke and shut the f#@% up, especially when the writer is reading something NOT there.

YZman (who i was addressing the comments to) had e-mailed me prior to the ride in question - I doubt very much that my response bothered him much since he "knew" what I was saying - and (even more importantly) why I was saying it - so perhaps you might not want to 'jump the gun' quite so quickly yourself to lessen division in the ranks as you put it.

All I'm saying is if I show up to ride on public land, I'm riding and I dont care who likes it. Same goes for YZman. If he makes the trip to go ride somewhere, he's riding. and I suspect you would all do the same. if this "organized event" thing has you that spooked to ride, I say you have 2 choices, fight it, or turn in your man cards and go shoe shopping. I'm gonna do the former.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
As somebody once asked "How does your head fit through the 1st turn"? :think:

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
Wolverine423 said:
As somebody once asked "How does your head fit through the 1st turn"? :think:
it doesnt, why do think I hit so many trees. :yikes:

Top Bottom