WA-Rider

Apr 15, 2003
If anyone's intrested, lil Jeff and I are going to do the Green River to Naches and back ride Saturday the 19th if everything works out. Sounds like a great spot to hit up, never been there myself but from what I've been told its real similar to Tanem style trails.

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
If it wasn't for my little sister's wedding I would do it. It would be too much to try to get you guys to move it to Sunday... right? What kind of mileage are you looking at? Maybe next time.

You all ready for the night enduro on the 26th?

KNeese

Nov 19, 2001
I will try to make it also. It sounds like a fun ride.

Highbeam, I sent my entry in last month some time. I have to mount a new high-zoot headlight, Acerbis. I hope it will work. It has 2 halogen bulbs so I'm hoping it will be enough light.

But yes I think I'm ready. I may try to sneal up to Capitol Forest for an evening ride to check out the new headlight. The rules state you are not supposed to ride after dark, but I could accidentally get lost or breakdown until dark.

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
I am not planning on being too competitive at the night enduro. I will only have the stock XR headlight so I can't see my clock or odometer. My main goal is to not fall off any more bridges and experience night riding. But who knows, maybe I'll kick butt or come in first in my class if noone shows up.

WA-Rider

Apr 15, 2003
I'm down for just about any day of riding but LIL Jeff only rides Saturday so he can rest up Sunday for Monday's work.

I guess that's what you have to do when you get older, I don't know. ;)

Hehehehe
Just messing with you Jeff. ;)

WA-Rider

Apr 15, 2003
Kneese,

I saw your post stating you have a couple of weeks of vacation so if you want to get out and ride drop me an email at joshinu@comcast.net and lets go ride. I myself have this summer off except for some online college courses. I'm always looking to get out and ride, and I want to try and ride every spot in Washington and the hot spots in the surrounding states so if any of you want to ride drop me an email and lets go!

-Josh

WA-Rider

Apr 15, 2003
Whoops,

I meant Greenwater, not green river even though the green river runs right by greenwater. "Say that 10x over" ;)

Well, looks like we have a few contestants from ktmtalk, thats right, ktm's will soon take over, muahahahahahaa

Anyone else intrested in the ride on Saturday?

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
I think it is the greenwater river that runs through greenwater and dumps into the White. The Green River runs to the dam by Cumberland and is pretty big. Are the trails legal? Or will you be running fireroads?

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Better check your map Wa rider, The Green River is a fair piece from Greenwater even as the crow flies. Its the next drainage north.

Highbeam, Legal trails on the Greenwater side ie the Naches Historic Wagon Trail from about Govt. Meadow, goes over the Naches Pass and connects to the Naches riding area via trail 941 at forest road 1914 or before. you can hook a sharp left at the 1914 road crossing and go about 1/2 mile on a private road through the posted gate if open (Pyramid Pass) and take a right onto the 941 or continue on the Naches Trail till the official junction.

Last edited:

WA-Rider

Apr 15, 2003
Well looks like we've got about 5 to 6 riders from ktmtalk.
Jeremy, Fishead, Firecracker, are you guys going to be able to make it.

Fishhead,

Yeah I made a typo and typed green river instead of greenwater, oh well.

Jeff's checking into the hole construction ordeal that another guy mentioned from ktmtalk but it looks like it's going to be 8:00am Saturday the 19th at the Safeway in Enumclaw.

Hope you guys can make it, it should be a great time!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
It's doubtful--I have a bunch of other stuff going on, and probably won't be able to afford the gas money. I'll try but I can't promise much.

WA-Rider

Apr 15, 2003
Bummer you two!

Well if you can, you know the spot and time, will give a 15 min. waiting period. Leaving Enumclaw Safeway at 8:15-8:20am

Fishhead? Anyone else? How about your phantom readers who live in the area, yeah you, you know who I'm talking about. ;)

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Just a heads up on road closures for your trip. I know that the onramp from 512 onto 167, and also the onramp from 167N onto 410 both close at 7PM on friday. I don't remember when they open back up, but that may cause problems for some of you who are planning to take that route to Enumclaw......

Jeremy

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
I hope someone can do a visual on the road closure on FR 70 as the ranger district says it it closed for 2 months while they replace a culvert that has been identified as blocking the passage of non-existent salmon. It is closed below the area that is open to motorized use of the Naches trail.

little jeff

Aug 20, 2002
Fishhead, I called the US forest Service office in Enumclaw today, and the lady said it will not open until Sept. 03'. She said they had the whole road tore up. I think what they are doing is replacing the big drainage pipe under the road to be more enviromentally friendly or something like that. That means you can't reach the Naches by Pyramid pass either. I'm hoping everybody can come to Evan's Creek though. I have'nt been there in a few years. I would like it if you came to. We're meeting at the Union 76 station on Hwy. 410 just before you come into Buckley at about 8:30AM or so.
Let me know if you can come, anyone else also.
Little Jeff

WA-Rider

Apr 15, 2003
I posted this over on our other thread on ktmtalk but I'll post this here too.

What about anything else up 410? Or what about any trails up towards White Pass? Evans creek sounds good and all but its the weekend and I can't get any of you old farts out during the week so I look forward to traveling to new spots on the weekend with you guys. How about Gifford Pinchot? Or the trails up by Mt St. Helens?

We can hit up Evans any time after you guys get off work during the week so if your not up for dropping over into Naches then lets try something else like GF.

If Jason doesn't want to drive further than where were at then he can load up with me.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Alternate Plan B.

Sunday

Anyone up for an early ride? Like, kick the campers out of bed, early. Cool part of the day, no crowds, get to do the public a service by being the alarm clock.

WA-Rider

Apr 15, 2003
OK,

Jeff hasn't made it over here yet but looks like it's Evans Creek. Sounds good, I guess we get to save some money on the whole driving ordeal. Never been to Evans Creek so it will be nice just to try something different.

WA-Rider

Apr 15, 2003
Well,

looks like ktmtalk.com is down for maint. or something so in case any of the riders look here, were meeting at the union gas station just as you get into buckley coming from bonney lake at 8:30am. See you guys there.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
So how did it go? Did you guys get done soon enough to watch the lawnmower and hand car races in Wilkeson?

WA-Rider

Apr 15, 2003
Fishhead,

Ride went great! We ended up doing about 20 miles worth with some extra loops to get a full day's in as the trails up there are limited in length. They had a huge 4x4 convention going on up there so the whole area was infested with 4x's, parking was very limited! All in all it was a great day, very hot, I actually got home last night and right before I was about to sleep both of my thighs at the same damn time started spasming to the point of tear type pain. I had some sort of thigh spasm in both legs for about 5 min., I almost had to go to the hospital but the pain spasm stopped right as my wife called some nurses she knows. I've never ever had anything like this happen with my legs before, the whole upper portion from knee to the pelvis was doing some sort of convulsion thing. All I can say is that's some of the worse pain I've felt in awhile.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? Dehidration? I mean I drank
140 oz of water followed by about 5 beers so I wasn't sure what caused it?

Top Bottom